Chapter 51

Narration

"Eomma... Remember the incident about me and Jungkook?" She sobbed more. "I'm still hurt that he left me hanging after that issue. He's so different now. It's still hurts so much eomma." Lisa's tears wouldn't stop from flowing.

Her mom's eyes grew big.

She faced Lisa and looked directly into her eyes. Her tears are starting to form, too.

"Lisa... eomma is really hurt seeing you like this. I didn't know that you're feeling this way for a long time." She wiped Lisa's tears.

"I think it's time for me to tell you this. Listen.. I.. I have to tell you something."

Lisa looked at her mom in the eyes; her eyes are still full of tears.

"What is it eomma?" 

"I... don't know how and where to start... I.."

"Just tell me please."

She gulped. "Eomma met Jungkook the past 8 months."

Lisa's eyes grew bigger. "Y..you.. what? You met him? H..how? W..why?"

Her mom didn't speak.

"Eomma, did you talk to each other?"

"Y..yes."

"What did you two talk about?"

Her mom stuttered. "You...you deserve to know the truth since it's my doing."

"Eomma, why is this making me scared..."

Her mom gathered all the courage to tell Lisa.

"That time when you and Jungkook had an issue about being together. Your pictures spread all through out the internet. You two were the topic even in the other countries..."

"What does it have to do with you meeting Jungkook?"

"I saw how they throw hate comments to you. Paparazzis go everywhere you go and ask you about your relationship with Jungkook. They even asked you live on camera about what can you say about those who are not in favor in your rumored relationship with him. And the worst? You received a lot of dangerous fake gifts and death threats."

She looked at Lisa in her eyes. Lisa is trying to understand what her mom is saying.

"Eomma got scared so much. I didn't know what to do and how to protect you from these people. Receiving those threats is just unacceptable to me."

"I can't sleep thinking of your condition especially knowing that I'm not beside you. I got worried so..." 

"So??"

"So I talked to Jungkook."

"What did you tell him??"

"I texted him one afternoon, and asked if I could call him and meet me."

"He answered it immediately and said yes."

"I met him somewhere where no one could see us so that I can sincerely talk to him privately. The moment he saw me he apologized quickly."

Lisa is listening; absorbing every word her mom is saying.

"He's a nice guy, a good kid I could tell. But his eyes were full of sadness."

"I asked him how he has been and what he's been doing. He told me they were recording for a song but it's a good thing that I called since he really wanted to apologize to me personally for what happened especially for the mean things you read and received."

"I told him it's no one's fault. I understand you two are no longer kids anymore. It just so happened that there are a lot of people who can't accept it. We can't let the people just forget about this... But we can take precautionary measures so that it wouldn't heat up further."

"He kept on apologizing. He said sorry to me and to you a countless times."

Lisa's lips were trembling. Her tears are attempting to fall moreover.

"But I've made up my mind Lalisa. I can't stand seeing you receiving those hates and death threats again so I..."

"What did you do eomma?" Lisa asked, her voice cracked.

"I asked him to stay away from you."

Lisa stopped from crying; her mouth dropped. She tries to speak, but no words can escape from her mouth. 

"I told him to stop seeing you. He.. He was so surprised when he heard me say those words."

"He started crying infront of me. He said that he really is sorry for what happened and will make it up to you, that he'll fix everything."

"I apologized to him and told him that I really don't want to do this to the both of you. But it's my last resort to stop these people from hating you."

"I.. I told him to do everything so that you would forget about him."

"Hurt her, if that means she'll stop liking you ...  is the order I gave him that day."

Lisa finally found her words. The tears flowing in her eyes seem like an endless river. "Eomma waeee?? Please tell me that isn't true."

Her mom continued.

"He kneeled down and begged me for him not do it."

"I was so shocked with the image I'm seeing that very moment. He's crying his heart out. He covered his face and sobbed like a kid, like there's no tomorrow.

"He begged me for a last chance to make everything right and...  He told me that he loves you so much and he can't stay away from you."

Lisa held her chest. Every word her mom says makes it harder for her to breathe. 

"I lowered myself and told him that I don't hate him personally. I really don't hate him, believe me. I can see the reason why you liked him but... I'm a mother." Lisa's mom's tears still continues to flow. "You're the most important person in my life. I couldn't just let you be harmed by anyone."

Lisa bursted in crying. "Eomma waeyooo?? Why do you have to do that?? All.. all this time I've been wondering why he didn't even bother to make a single text or call. I've had so many sleepless nights thinking what mistake did I do to him for him to ignore me this long. All this time I thought he fooled me and just played with my feelings. Do you know how much it hurts whenever he treats me like he never knew me? Or when he passes by me like nothing happened?"

She held Lisa's hands. "Eomma is really sorry, Lisa. I've been so protective that I became insensitive. I really hope you can forgive me."

"I... I don't know what to do anymore. It's like everyday something bad is happening to me. Even you... eomma. You should be the one who understands my feelings the most. But you decided for me without considering my feelings." 

"I just don't want to see you further hurt Lisa."

"Do you think I'm not hurt right now eomma? Ever since that incident, everyday and everynight my heart seems to crash anytime but I must stay strong. I should stay strong. I wanted to cry to you but I didn't. I don't want you to worry about me. But little did I know that it's you..." Lisa covered her face. "Eomma... how much pain do I still need to endure? 'Cause I'm really not sure if I can take all of these anymore. It hurts so much... It hurts a lot."

"Lisa mianhae. I'm really... really sorry." Lisa's mom wholeheartedly apologized. 

Lisa stood and immediately went out her room.

"Lisa!"

Lisa went directly to the rooftop of her dorm's building. She wanted to be alone. 

She went on corner of the wall to hide. She sat on the ground and hugged her knees. 

She tried to cry silently. 

"When is this all going to end?"