38. Clearly Broken Carlos De Vil

Evie's POV:
I opened the door to Carlos and I's hotel room and saw Carlos sitting on the bed silently crying. Audrey was next to him and so was Mal.
"Uh guys?" I whispered.
Audrey and Mal nodded and walked out. Not before Mal whispered something.
"Mazel tov." Mal whispered to Carlos.
I closed the door behind them and locked it before turning around.
"Carlos?" I called.
"Mal and Audrey came. They found me..." Carlos trailed off.
I was confused until I realized what he was talking about.
"Where is it?" I asked firmly.
Carlos looked down,not answering me. But that made me frustrated
"For God's sakes Carlos what were you thinking? Where is the shard now?!" I yelled.
I grabbed his arm and he winced. There were multiple scars on his wrist,one dangerously close to a vein.
"CARLOS WHAT THE FRACK?!" I screamed.
Carlos snatched his hand back and I screamed out in anger and frustration.
"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!" I screamed.
He looked away and I leaned back against the door,waiting for an answer.
"At the r-restaurant-." Carlos stopped himself.
"Go on!" I exclaimed.
"The people there after you went to use the bathroom we're whispering about me. There were these two people who where having a 'conversation' and they said you were using me,that you don't love me." Carlos said,doing air quotes as he said conversation.
"And that gives you the right to cut yourself. That one was close to a vein! Do you know what that could've done?!" I yelled.
"You don't understand Evie! Okay,my life wasn't as easy as yours! This," Carlos paused pointing to the cuts,"was my solution for four years! Then we came to Auradon and I stopped but then what Jay said,it triggered it again."
I shook my head in disappointment and Carlos wiped away his tears.
"Why do you think I had that panic attack?! I was stressed Evie,I couldn't even fake being exuberant when they asked about our childhood." Carlos said.
"DEAR GOD,CUTTING DOES NOT SOLVE ANYTHING!!" I screamed.
Carlos glared at me before storming out.
"AND BY THE WAY YOUR CLEARLY BROKEN CARLOS DE VIL!!" I screamed after him.