One

-

I sit on the couch with my friends, a drink in my hand. The loud music and voices of other people filling my ears.

I have lived in Los Angeles, California since I was five years old. Growing up as a teenager in LA, it wasn't hard to become sucked in to a life of partying and getting fucked up. There were parties every weekend, you just had to know the right people.

I am 20 years old now and that's where I am, spending my night drunk and high at some party.

I tune back in to my friends conversation, attempting to get caught up to what they're all talking about. I fail, and take another drink from my cup and hand it to Cleo, on my right.

"I'm goin' to take a piss." I tell her. She kisses me on the cheek and bursts out laughing. I laugh at how fucked up she is.

"Don't get lost, motherfucker." She chuckles as I stand up to find the bathroom.

I try to make my way through the crowd of drunk people. Once I make it through the crowd and into the somewhat empty hallway, I start opening doors and hoping that one of them leads to a bathroom.

The door to the bathroom was by the kitchen and right as Im about to walk in my eyes meet with someone in the there. He was wearing a tshirt and a beanie that showed off his long brown hair coming out from under it. He had face tattoos, which I surprisingly found attractive.

As he takes a hit from the blunt that he's sharing with his friends, he winks at me. I smirk at him, walk into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I knew that I wanted something to do with this guy. He's sexy, but definitely not the type of guy I am usually into.. in a good way. I hoped to myself that I would stay with him tonight but I quickly forgot about that thought. I wouldn't want to get my hopes up.

I walk out of the bathroom and just as I start to turn away, I hear his voice and my heart jumps.

"Aye, come here." He says to me.

I turn around and look at him for a second.

"What do you want?" I joke with him.

"To share this blunt with you." He smiles as he hits it.

I laugh and walk over to him and his group of friends. He passes it to me.

"What's your name?" He asks me.

"y/n" I answer him, taking another hit from the blunt and passing it to the kid on your left.

"Beautiful," He locks his eyes with mine and licks his lips.

"What about you?"

"Diego." He tells me.

It clicks in my brain who this guy actually is. I put together his name, tattoos and his looks to figure out that he's Lil Xan. I wouldn't say that I'm a huge fan of his, but his songs are on a couple of my playlists.

His friends start talking about some bullshit. I just laugh with them and occasionally contribute to the conversation.

"y/n, I told you not to get lost!" Cleo yells as she walks up to me, laughing.

I immediately realize that she knows Diego's music by the look on her face when she meets his eyes. She quickly turns back to me.

"Anyway, we have to leave. Kiara's fuckin' puking in the bathroom so I called an Uber." Cleo tells me.

"Nah, you can stay here. Chill with us tonight." One of the guys in Diego's group tells her. "You can put your girl in the guest room, but it's too damn early for pretty girls like you to dip out now."

Diego puts his hand around my waist and leans into me.

"It'll be fun." He says quietly into my ear.

-