Seven

-

I wake up to get ready for work after a long night of drinking. I had to get an Uber home last night, with Cleo and Stella. Diego wanted me to stay but I need to leave early this morning for work. It was not a great idea to get fucked up on a Sunday night. Im running on 4 hours of sleep and going through a hangover.

I check my phone and see a text from Diego, but it was from 4 a.m. last night.

Diego:
Good. Goodnight ma

I was confused when I read it, until I scrolled up and read the rest of our texts from last night from when I was in the Uber.

Diego:
Text me when youre home safe

Me:
im in the uber

Me:
I wanna you to fuck me again

Diego:
Ur a lil drunk but I would enjoy that

Me:
im home!

Diego:
Good. Goodnight ma

I smile about Diego wanting me safe. But shit, I sound like a fucking idiot in those texts.

-

It's Wednesday now. The last time I saw to Diego was on Sunday at the party.

I walk into my apartment after work and get a text from Diego. It makes me happy when he texts me.

Diego:
Im gon be out of state until Friday for business n shit. You got plans for the weekend?

Me:
ya i got something i have to go to for my friend. im sorry b ☹️

Diego:
Ight but save some time for me baby girl 💔

Me:
of course

...

I went to the birthday party, the reason I couldn't hang with Diego, with Cleo and Stella. The party was for a friend of Stella's, but we kind of knew him so she brought us with her. We were all drinking and listening to music. The party was pretty packed, I don't know why this guy knew so many people.

I was standing in the middle of the crowd with a drink in my hand. I take a second to look around and something catches my eye.

A guy in the corner getting real close to this blonde girl, touching her all over. Mostly her ass.

I was trying to see who it was because he looked like Diego. Wearing a beanie and a sweatshirt.

"y/n, what the fuck you starin' at?" Cleo asks me. She must have realized me trying so hard to see this guys face. I didn't answer. I was too nervous. She turns her eyes in the same direction as me to see what Im looking at.

"Shit." She says quietly.

He finally turns in a way that I can see his face. It's him.

My stomach drops and I can't feel anything else except the huge lump in my throat.

All I could do was look at him. His face was so close to hers, she was running her fingers through his hair and his hands were on her lower back.

I can't help but look at him. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked away, it seemed like she was going to be back.

Cleo notices the look on my face.

"Im gonna go to the bathroom." I tell her.

"You want me to come? I can come with you." She asks.

"Nah, Ill be good." I tell her as I start to make my way to the bathroom.

I feel someone grab my arm from behind me. I knew it was Diego.

"Ay, ma!" I turn around to look at him. "This was the shit you got for your friend? I didn't know you knew him."

"Ya." I answer him shortly.

"What's wrong baby girl?" He asks me and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Quit fucking calling me that." I say to him as I pull myself away from him, forcing him to let go of my waist.

"The fuck?" He says loudly, obviously confused about why Im mad.

What an asshole.

"You come over callin' me your baby girl after you just manhandled that blonde bitch over there? I don't fuck with that." I snap at him.

"Yo, chill." He tried to calm me down, but only doing the exact opposite. "Why are you trippin' so hard? We're not together."

My stomach is in a knot and my heart feels like it has dropped.

"Okay great!" I say sarcastically. "I'll keep that in mind and I'll fucking act like it then."

I turn away and start to walk away from him. But, he grabs my arm and turns me back towards him.

"y/n, I-"

"Leave me alone, Diego." I interrupt him. I rip my arm out of his grip.

I walk into the bathroom and slam the door behind me. I try to breathe and calm myself down. I was so angry that I didn't even feel sad yet.

A few seconds later, I hear Cleo's voice through the door.

"y/n! What happened? I could hear you yelling from the other room." She asks me, knocking on the door.

I open the door and look at her. "Let's go get fucking drunk."

-