Sixteen

A/N: im so happy seeing your votes and comments bc i love to know what you guys think. ah much luv 💘

-

Your POV:

Ive just been sitting on my couch, with the tv on but not even watching it, for hours. I just keep thinking about not being good enough for Diego. I couldn't keep him happy with being with me.

I hear a knock on the door. After a few seconds I snap out of my thoughts to open it. I drag myself to the door and pull it open to see who's there.

Diego. His eyes red and stained with tears. He wasn't even wearing a beanie. I just stared at him in shock until he pulled me into a hug.

"Im sorry. Im so so sorry." He whispered in my ear. I don't say anything. I can't find any words.

He pulled away and looked back at me. I move to the side, to let him come in.

"Please don't leave me, baby girl." He says to me, his voice cracking.

"Diego." I sigh. "It was just a picture and I trust that you didn't do anything. We just need to figure out what-"

"No! No!" He starts to yell. "I fucked up!"

My stomach drops and my thoughts rush to all the possibilities of what Diego could have done.

"How..." I ask, quietly.

"I just-" His words get lost and he just stares at me.

"Diego! What the fuck did you do?" I yell at him.

"Jess. My ex. She kissed me. I kissed her back." His eyes start to tear up as he notices the look on my face. "It wasn't long at all. I pushed her off once I realized what I was doing and I thought that you wouldn't want to be with me."

Diego's yelling, trying to explain to me and make me understand.

"Why would you think that!?" I yell back at him.

"Because you haven't been around me for that long and Ive already fucked you over twice!"

"Im not enough for you." I say under my breath.

"Don't say that-"

"NO! IM OBVIOUSLY NOT WHAT YOU WANT! SO JUST FUCKING LEAVE!" I yell and turn around, starting to walk to my room before he grabs my arm and turns me back around.

"FUCK NO. YOURE EVERYTHING I WANT! You make me so fucking happy, more than I have ever been." He yells. "Baby girl, please. Please don't leave me. I need you. I wont hurt you again, I promise."

"YOU ALSO PROMISED THAT YOU WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING FUCKING STUPID IN CHICAGO" I yell and turn around again.

He pulls me around and moves me close to his body. He stares down into my eyes and everything that I have ever felt for him rushes over me. How much he makes me smile, the butterflies I get in my stomach when I see him, how much happiness he brings me and how much I need him. Along with how angry and shitty he has just made me feel.

He crashes his lips onto mine and wraps his arms around my waist, holding me tight. His touch makes me want to forget everything that happened. His soft and familiar lips were pressing against mine.

A tear rolls down my cheek and in between our kiss.

Diego pulls away from me and rests his hands on my cheeks.

"Im so sorry that I hurt you." He whispers, looking at my tear-filled eyes.

Something like this, never would have hurt me if it wasn't with him. Diego has changed my whole life and everything that I thought I knew about myself. All of my feelings, that I have never let out in my whole life, were all set in Diego. It's the strongest thing that Ive ever experienced.

"Baby girl, please forgive me." He kisses my forehead gently and looks back into my eyes. "I don't expect for you to trust me, I know that I fucked up. I just need to be with you."

I lean in to kiss him again, and our lips move with each other. He pulls away from me and looks deep into my eyes.

"I love you."

-