Nine

-

Diego's POV:

As I get down the stairs, carrying y/n in my arms, I hear everyone stop talking. They were all staring at her, wondering what was going on.

"Yo, mind your fuckin' business!" I yell when I get to the bottom of the stairs. They don't listen and continue to stare at me.

I ignore them and carry her out the door.

I get to my car, that me and Steven took here, and struggle to open the door with her in my arms. Once I get it done, I sit her down in the passenger seat and pull her seatbelt over her. I get into my side and decide to text Steven.

Me:
I had to leave to take y/n to the hospital. Ill explain later.

I put my phone down and start to drive to the hospital.

...

She was unconscious for the last 20 minutes that I saw her before leaving her in the hospital room. I've been sitting in the waiting room for about an hour now, watching doctors walk around and hoping that one of them is going to tell me how she's doing.

I lay my face in my hands and I can't help but feel guilty. If I was around her I never would have let this happen. I just want to tell her that I'm sorry.

"Diego?"

"Yes?" I jump out of my seat as soon as I hear my name.

"y/n seems to have been under the influence of Rohypnol from the symptoms that she has been experiencing-"

"Is she okay?" I can't help but interrupt.

"She'll be okay, she's awake now. She is still very groggy and she has no memory after the time of being given a drink. But, she will he able to leave in about an hour." The nurse tells me.

A huge weight lifts off of my shoulders.

"Can I see her?" I ask.

"Yes, just follow me."

The nurse turns around and I follow her to the room. She opens the door for me and I walk in. I see y/n laying on the bed, her eyes are open but they look heavy.

"Hey." I say quietly.

"Diego," She says without any emotion. "You don't have to pretend to care."

"I do care." I tell her.

She doesn't respond. She closes her eyes again. We sit in silence for a few minutes. Im trying to find the words to say to her, but I can't.

"y/n, I-"

"Diego, please. Im tired." She says to me and my heart drops. She turns her eyes away from me and stares at the wall.

"Come to my place tonight. Please. Your friends are probably still drunk. I need to know that you're safe tonight." I ask her and grab her hand.

"Sure." She keeps her eyes glued to the wall. The lack of emotion in her voice is killing me.

"y/n, do you even know what happened? Some fucking scumbag drugged you and tried to rape you. I found you and I busted down the door before he could do anything to you. I care about you, okay? I wouldn't be here if I didn't."

She finally turns her head towards me and looks into my eyes, but she doesn't respond. She has no expression on her face but I can see how hurt she is in her eyes.

I decide to let her be. I sit down in the chair and watch the tv in the room.

After an hour passes, the nurse comes back into the room.

"How are you feeling, y/n?" She asks.

"Fine."

"Okay well you guys are set to leave. She should be fine but if she experiences any vomiting, nausea or stomach pain within the next few hours please just come in and we will have it taken care of." She explains to me.

"Thank you." I smile. She walks out of the room. "Let's get you out of here, beautiful."

-

A/N: i feel so shitty for not updating yesterday bc i try to update at least once. i had such a busy day yesterday and today too but i decided to write a quick chapter when i finally got home. but ANYWAY i rlly hope this story is going well?? idk what you guys think lmao. if you're actually reading this authors note, let me know what you think so far! definitely updating tomorrow :)