Seventeen

-

I wake up in my bed to Diego cuddled up behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist. I slowly turn myself around to face him, being careful not to wake him up.

I gently run my fingers through his hair, admiring him and thinking about what he said to me last night. I love you.

Diego starts to wake up to my touch. His eyes half open and he smiles at me.

"Good morning, baby girl." He says, his voice raspy from sleeping.

"Good morning." I smile back at him. He stretches his arms out and pulls me on top of him, forcing me to laugh. He gives me a kiss. "You're crazy."

"And you love it." He laughs at me. I stand up to put some clothes on.

I hear Diego's phone alarm go off on the bed side table.

"Shit, I forgot to turn that off last night. Can you stop it for me?" He asks me, still laying in bed and rubbing his eyes to wake himself up.

I hit stop on his phone and as the screen changed to his lock screen I see texts from a contact "Jess".

Jess:
Its too bad that you left Chicago for
your girlfriend, we could've had
fun.

Jess:
I know that you miss me.
Even if it will take you a while
to realize it.

Jess:
You dont need a girl holdin you
down. youre young & a fucking rapper
you should be having fun

I immediately get angry. Not at Diego, but at this fucking girl.

"What is it?" Diego asks, I could tell by his voice that he saw the anger in my face. I tossed his phone onto the bed, next to him. I stared at him, waiting for a reaction.

He looks confused.

"Baby, I wasn't texting her I promise." He looks at me.

"I know that you weren't. But how 'bout you let her know what the fuck is up. Cause she obviously thinks that you want her or some shit." I say to him. "Unless, she's right and you do miss her."

"Nah, fuck that. You know you're my girl." He looks back down at his phone and starts typing.

Once he's done, he hands me his phone to see what he responded.

Diego:
Stop makin a fool of yourself
n quit trying to hop on me
I dont want ya

"Delete her number for me, please." He says as he sits up and gets out of my bed. I do what he told me and hand his phone to him.

"Dont say that wack shit, 'do you miss her?'. Im only down for you, baby girl." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

-

A/N: this is like 400 words shorter than my usual chapters but I felt like updating twice today 🤷🏻‍♀️