Chapter 4 : Closet

Chapter 4  

Later...

Jeff POV

I couldn't stop sniffling. Or crying. I was silent though. I was so scared he'd come back for more.

I was shut in a closet. It was uncomfortable because there was a bunch of junk in here that I was trying not to sit on.

I don't even know what happened to me because I blacked out. Dad was drunk though, and now I'm in the closet. That's what he would always do with me when he was drunk. Lock me in here.

And I'm not even sure what he did to me. But as more and more time goes by, everything is hurting worse and worse. He must've hit me, and then put me in here. But my face really hurts. That's one of the reasons I hate blacking out while I'm getting hit. I can't cover my face, and then I get hit there. It makes the bruises more noticeable because they're on my face, out for display. And I don't want anyone knowing what happened. That would just cause more problems.

I tried the doorknob, but it was locked, as I suspected.

There was no light coming in from under the door, so I guessed it was the middle of the night. I could faintly hear the tv from the living room. Dad sleeps on the couch with the tv on when he's drunk.

I tried to make a bit more room so I could curl up and lay down. I need to get some sleep.

Later...

Jeff POV

The door opened, instantly waking me up, and making me jump out of fear. Dad was standing there.

Please be sober...

"Let me see your back."

I slowly got to my feet, and took off my shirt, which I realized now was stained with blood.

I heard dad sigh behind me.

"Jeffrey."

I jumped, immediately scared. But I turned to face dad.

"I was drunk. I never meant to hit you that hard. You made me miss an important meeting because the nurse told me to come pick you up. I don't care what rule you broke, I shouldn't have hit you that hard. I'm sorry."

I felt my cheeks becoming hot. I felt embarrassed, but I didn't know why.

"I-it's ok," I whispered.

"Go get cleaned up. I'll drive you to school."

I nodded, and quickly walked upstairs. I went to the bathroom first since I really needed to go. After I was finished, I looked in the mirror. And I gasped.

My back was all messed up looking. There was blood all over it. It stained the top of my pants.

My face wasn't much better. There was dried blood all around my nose. I touched it lightly, and it hurt badly. What if it's broken?

I had 2 black eyes. They didn't look so bad, just a little bit of purple under my eyes. But it takes a little while for the bruises to completely show up. My cheeks had bruises on them too.

I turned on the shower, and stripped down so I could see if there were any more marks. My chest was bruised up too, as well as my arms and legs. My arms and legs weren't too bad though. Just a few bruises here and there.

I'm ok.

I stepped into the shower, and almost screamed. My back stung.

I turned the water on cold, and eased myself underneath it. I washed myself as best as I could. It was hard to do my back because I couldn't see, it was hard to reach, and it hurt the worst.

I got out, and wrapped a towel around myself. I washed my face in the sink with cold water, and tried to clean off my nose as gently as possible.

The shower made me feel a bit better, but I was so sore all over.

I walked to my bedroom, and put on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. I got my shoes on, and then went downstairs.

"Get in the car. I'll be out there in a second."

I went outside, and got in the backseat. Dad never lets me sit in the front.

Dad came out, and started driving me to school. It's going to be a long day... I know I missed a few periods already, but being sore and being stuck in school isn't a good combination...

Dad dropped me off, and I went in. I went to the attendance office, and signed myself in. And then I went to class.