Chapter 15 : The bullies

A/N : I know I've been super bad with updating recently. College is taking up all my time, and we just got through midterms...

Chapter 15

Emmy POV

Jeff pulled away slowly from our kiss. I was going to speak when there was a knock at the door. Jeff jumped away from me, and almost fell on the floor.

"Come in!" I called.

It was my mom.

"Are you guys heading to bed soon? It's getting late."

"Yeah, mom. We're almost finished with Jeff's homework, and then we're heading to bed."

"Ok, good. Goodnight, you two."

"Night, mom."

She left, closing the door behind herself.

I looked at Jeff, and his cheeks were bright pink. He was staring at his school stuff, not looking at me.

"Let's finish before we get in trouble," I said, opening his textbook.

The next day...

Emmy POV

Jeff and I never spoke about the kiss. But it had become a mutually known fact between us that I was now Jeff's, and Jeff was now mine.

I don't even know how it happened, to be honest. I guess we both sort of felt something for each other. And I feel like we both knew it too. So when the kiss happened, it was kind of just confirming what we both had suspected.

And now we're together.

Nobody cared though. My friends were too busy talking about other things, and since we weren't exactly popular, nobody really cared.

But it didn't matter. Jeff and I were happy.

Well... Until we saw all the notes taped to Jeff's locker.

I could tell by Jeff's face that it was upsetting him.

"Jeff, we can tell someone and get them in trouble."

"No. I told you, it's fine. I can deal with it."

"But you don't have to."

"I know. But it's ok."

He ripped the notes off, and shoved them in his backpack. I felt so bad for him.

He swapped out his books, and then shut his locker.

"Let's get to class," he said, taking my hand.

Later...

Emmy POV

Jeff has seemed super stressed all day. I wasn't sure why. There are a bunch of reasons it could be. School, the notes on his locker, his dad, or maybe something else...

So when we got home from school, I ran him a hot bath, and told him to go relax for a while.

I was a bit curious about the notes though. 

I opened Jeff's backpack, and pulled all his books out. All the notes from his locker were crumpled at the bottom of his backpack. I pulled them out.

I spread them out across his bed, and flattened them. I looked at them, and it wasn't really anything unusual. They were mostly just calling Jeff nasty names.

"What are you doing!? Why are you looking at those!?" Jeff asked, startling me.

I turned around to see Jeff standing behind me, in a towel.