Chapter 16 : Guidance counselor

Chapter 16

The next day...

Jeff POV

I was literally trembling in my seat. Emmy and I were in the guidance office right now. We were waiting for our guidance counselor to come in. She was talking to someone in the main office right now.

The anticipation was killing me!

"Jeff. It's ok. Calm down," Emmy whispered, taking my hand in hers.

"I-I'm s-scared!"

"It's ok, Jeff. We're going to get it taken care of. I'll do all the talking for you if you want."

I nodded.

The door opened, and our guidance counselor came in. She sat down at her desk, across from us.

"So what's going on today?" She asked.

"Jeff has been getting notes taped to his locker. He's been getting bullied a lot. I got him to write down the names of the people doing it so we could get it taken care of."

Emmy handed the list to our guidance counselor.

"Alright. So they're leaving notes on his locker?"

"Yes."

"What's written in the notes?"

"They're just calling him really mean names and saying nasty stuff."

"Ok. I'll talk to them and take care of it. If they bother you guys again, let me know, ok?"

We both nodded.

"Alright. Is there anything else?" She asked.

"Anything else, Jeff?" Emmy asked.

I shook my head no.

"Alright, then you guys are free to go."

Emmy took my hand, and we left. It was our lunch period right now, so we went to lunch. 

"See? Everything was fine. She'll take care of it," Emmy said.

I was still all anxious. I haven't been able to think about anything else besides this all day.

"Jeff."

I looked up at her.

"You're ok. Chill," she said, rubbing my back.

I took a deep breath, and closed my eyes. I was literally just trying to relax. I felt so tense though.

Emmy continued rubbing my back.

"Jeff, how about you try to eat some lunch, ok?"

"I can't. My stomach doesn't feel right."

"It's probably because you've been so stressed. I think you would feel better if you ate something. Otherwise you're going to be so hungry during our last periods."

She handed me half of her sandwich. I picked it up, and took a bite.

And I honestly did feel a little bit better after I ate. I never had breakfast this morning because I was too anxious. 

Later...

Jeff POV

I was curled up on the couch with my head nuzzled into Emmy's side. Being so anxious all day tired me out so much. 

Her parents weren't home right now. Emmy told me they were at the foster place, talking about my situation apparently.

And I was worried.

Did they know something about my dad? Was he not allowed to come back home?

I was getting myself all worked up about it. I didn't want to cry. But I was upset about the whole situation with my dad. And I just wish I had answers.

I nuzzled my way even closer into Emmy's side. She had her arm around me. I just wanted to cuddle and feel better.

I ended up on her lap, and I hid my face in her shoulder. I clung to her tightly, and sighed.

"Jeff, what are you doing?" Emmy asked, laughing.

I turned so I could face her better. And I kissed her on the lips.

When we broke apart, I couldn't stop staring into her eyes. She was looking back at me, smiling.

"Love you," I said, leaning in for another kiss.

We sort of made out for a few minutes. I just wanted to kiss her, and get my mind off of everything. I can get lost in her eyes, and just focus on relaxing after such a stressful day.

I slid off her lap, and ended up pulling her onto my own lap. I held her in my arms, and just cuddled with her for a while.

And then her parents came back home. I continued holding her in my arms tightly. Her dad walked into the living room, and pulled up a chair near me.

"Jeff, we need to talk," he said, sitting down.

"D-did I do s-something wrong?" I whispered.

"No. It's about your dad."

My heart started to pound in my chest. I almost don't even want to know in case the answer is horrible.

"Your dad has a court date this weekend. And the police would like you to make a statement."

"W-what does that m-mean?"

"It means they would like you to stand up in front of the court, and say what your dad has done, in your experience."

"Do I have to?"

"No. You don't have to if you really don't want to. Nobody is going to force you into doing it. But I would really encourage you to do it."

"Are they going to ask me questions?"

"Maybe. Whether you want to talk or not, I'm taking you to the court so you can see what happens. So you don't have to decide until the day of if you want to talk."

"Ok..."

"Did you guys have a good day at school?"

"It was actually a bit of a rough day for Jeff," Emmy said.

"Why is that?"

"He's been getting bullied. So we told our guidance counselor today. And he's just been super stressed."

Emmy laid her head on my chest. I hugged her to me tightly.

"Well I'm glad you guys got that taken care of. Dinner will be in a little while."

Her dad left, and I sighed. I don't know if I want to talk in front of the court... I don't even want to go. The whole thing is just upsetting...