Chapter 18 : Forever home

A/N : Last chapter.

Chapter 18

Later...

Jeff POV

"Jeff, wake up. I need to tell you something."

I opened my eyes, and rubbed them. I instantly felt horrible because I remembered what happened today.

"What time is it?" I asked, trying not to cry again.

"Time for dinner. But wait. I need to tell you something!"

"What?"

"I talked to my parents about what happened in court today. And you're going up for adoption."

"I don't want to!" I said, breaking into tears.

"Calm down, Jeff."

Emmy slid into bed next to me.

"I don't want to leave you!" I said, burying my face in her shoulder.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly.

"Jeff."

"What?"

"I talked it over with my parents. And they made some calls. They're going to adopt you."

"WHAT!?"

I jumped up, shocked.

"Are you serious!?"

"Yeah. I mean, it's not official yet because they need to get the paperwork sorted out and everything, but yeah. They're adopting you."

I threw my arms around her tightly.

"I really get to stay here!?"

"Yes, Jeff."

She hugged me back.

"Thank you..."

I was crying a lot more now, but it was because I was so happy and relieved. I've been so stressed out about everything relating to my dad and court. And I was so happy everything finally seemed to be sorted out.

I sighed, and laid down on the pillow. I was relatively calm again. But I was still trying to take everything in. It's been such a long day.

"It's dinner time. Are you hungry?"

"Yeah. But I just need another minute, ok?"

"Of course. You alright?"

"I'm amazing," I said, smiling.

I wiped my tears, and sat up.

"Did you really do this just for me?"

"Jeff, of course I did. I love you so much. I talked to my parents and explained that it really wouldn't be that much trouble to just adopt you. I mean, they've been fostering you, and that's almost the same thing. They know what you've been through, and they're really proud of you for making a statement in court. So they agreed to adopt you. They really didn't want you to go through the stress of getting put with another family. They know you like it here, and they like you too, Jeff. So they made some calls, and got it arranged so they can adopt you."

I couldn't stop smiling. I hugged Emmy super tight.

"I love you so much," I said, hugging her tightly.

"I love you too, Jeff."

We broke apart, and I kissed her.

"Thank you for everything."