Chapter 5 : Reported

Chapter 5

Later...

Jeff POV

The bell rang. Class is finally over.

"Jeffrey? Can you stay after class for a minute, please?" My teacher asked.

"Yeah..."

I stayed at my desk until everyone left. I was nervous.

"Jeffrey, did something happen yesterday?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your face is really bruised."

My heart started racing.

"I-I'm fine."

I started packing up my stuff. I want to leave.

"Jeffrey."

I looked up at my teacher.

"I need you to tell me what happened, or I have to report this to the main office."

"W-why!?"

"Because this looks like child abuse."

"N-no! I-it's not! I p-promise! J-just let m-me g-go home!" I said, starting to cry.

My teacher took my arm, and started leading me towards the main office. I was petrified. This can't be happening. Dad will kill me!

I was told to sit down and wait while my teacher spoke to someone. And I didn't want to disobey, so I sat in one of the chairs. Tears were silently going down my cheeks. I was so scared about what was going to happen.

I saw some of my classmates in here, turning in sports forms or whatever. I got a few weird looks, but I didn't care. I was scared.

"Jeffrey Sterling?"

I looked up. I saw one of the guidance counselors standing there.

"Come with me, please."

I got up, and followed her into a room. She shut the door, which made me feel trapped and even more nervous.

"Can you tell me what happened and why you have those bruises on your face?" She asked, nicely.

I shook my head no.

"Please? I need you to tell me, or I'm going to have to call the police."

My heart was racing even more. I was so scared, and I passed out.

Later...

Jeff POV

"Poor boy... He seems very afraid."

"That clearly wasn't an accident."

My eyes slowly opened. I felt very tired.

I realized I was on the floor, and there were a few people standing over me. And the nurse was holding a wet paper towel to my forehead.

I shot up, scared.

"Whoa. Careful," the nurse said.

"A-am I b-bleeding!?"

"No. It's just a paper towel with cold water on it to make you feel better."

"I want to go home!" I said, beginning to cry again.

"Jeffrey, you can't go home right now. Your dad is being investigated for child abuse. Someone's coming here right now to take you to a foster home for the time being," my guidance counselor said.

"What!? No! Tell them not to come! I want to go home! Dad didn't do anything!" I cried.

"Shhh. Calm down. Everything will be ok."