Old Friends

"OH MY GOD ARE SERIOUS!?" Mae shouted into the phone. I had to pull my phone away from my ear for a second. I'm currently yelling her about what happened after she left.

"Yes! I'm being serious! He literally sat down beside me and asked if I was ok. Then we we walked away, he looked back and said 'I hope to see you around sometime!' This is no joke Mae! All of this happened!" I exclaimed. Mae sighed and I can just imagine the smirk on her face.

"Emma's got a crush, Emma has a crush!" Mae sang, giggling in between.

"Maybe, maybe not." I smirked, playing with my comforter. I am currently laying on my bed at ten am. Mae went to reply when my phone started ringing again. I sighed. "Hey, I've got to go, have another call. I'll call you later though?"

"Ok. And yah, call me later. Love you, byeee."

"Love you too." And then I hung up. What? Don't you say love you to your best friend? I answered the phone call, which was from Mae and I's guy best friend Ryan.

"Hey Ryan, what's up?" I said, sitting up in bed. Shuffling was heard.

"You're never going to believe what just happened." Ryan exclaimed excitedly. I smiled. I've missed him.

"What?"

"I'M A DAD!" He shouted into the phone. I nearly jumped and passed out. Ryan is a dad!

"Oh my god! That is so amazing! Congrats dude!" I replied, just as excited.

"It's a boy. We're calling him Heath William Grant." Ryan told me. I could hear a baby crying softly in the background. I awwed, babies are just so cute!

"Well, you tell Heath that I said hi." Walking out of my room, I went downstairs to the kitchen. Only for the doorbell to ring. I groaned. Turning on my heel, I walked towards the front door, placing my phone on the bench. Opening the door, I saw two figures that had there back to me. They turned around when I opened the door and I nearly screamed when I recognized the familiar mob of black hair.

"Ryan!" I squealed, hugging him. Two laughs were heard. When I pulled back, I took a good look at him. He still had his mob of black hair and his bright blue eyes. His fiancee, Kayla, was standing beside him. Her brown hair was pulled into a ponytail and her green eyes sparkled. I then noticed that she had a baby carrier in her arms, which made me grin. Kayla noticed and smiled.

"Come in, come in." I said, letting them go in first. I ended the phone call and lead them to the living room. Kayla placed the carrier on the ground and pulled Heath out, cradling him in her arms. Kayla slowly walked over to me, placing the baby in my arms.

Heath had Ryan's tan skin, Kayla's green eyes, and Ryan's black hair. He is going to be a player when he gets older, just like his father, I can tell.

"He's so going to be a player when he gets older." I told them, watching as he grabbed my pointer finger. Kayla smirked, looking over at Ryan.

"I agree one hundred percent." Kayla replied, smirking at Ryan. Ryan dramatically gasped, giving us a hurt look.

"Are you calling me a player?!" Ryan questioned playfully.

"Yes, yes we are." Kayla said with a laugh. Ryan pouted and turned away from us, crossing his arms. Kayla and I glanced at each other before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"What in the world is going on in here?" A girl voice asked. I looked up to see Mae standing in the doorway with raised eyebrows. When Ryan saw her, he gasped and ran at her. After they hugged, I gave Heath to Kayla so she could introduce him to Mae.

"Mae, meet our son, Heath." Kayla said, standing in front of Mae, placing the baby boy in Mae's arms.

"Kayla and I agree that he is going to be a player like Ryan when he gets older." I told her after a moment of silence. Mae threw her head back and laughed loudly. That caused us other two girls to burst into laughing also.

"I most definitely agree." Mae replied. Ryan huffed and walked out of room, mumbling something about girls just don't understand. That just made us laugh even harder.

~~~~~

They all soon left around eight, including Mae. The house was quiet. Logan had to go to meetings all day and wouldn't be back until late. So I was stuck in this apartment until he came back or I fell asleep.

I made some popcorn and put a movie in. But I couldn't focus on the movie. My mind kept wandering to the brown haired boy I met last night. That's how I feel asleep, thinking about him and wondering if I'd ever see him again.