This Isn't Real

Mae sighed, taking another bite of my fudge brownie ice cream. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Don't blow up on me, please." Mae said, setting the tube of ice cream. I raised an eyebrow. She's being serious. This can't be good. Mae is rarely serious.

"I promise I won't as long as you explain." I replied. Mae nodded, leaning against the couch.

"I honestly just found out this morning. My Mom had called me and told me." Mae told me, taking in a deep breath.

"Mae, just tell me. You're freaking me out."

Mae sighed. "Emma, we aren't normal. We're different." Mae told me. I smirked.

"Well duh. I already knew that we were weirdos." I replied. Mae shook her head.

"No, not that. Em, we are not normal humans. We're I guess what you'd call special." My eyes widen. Mae's tone of voice was completely serious. And she can't pull of the serious tone when she's joking.

"Mae, what are you talking about?!" I questioned. My mind was swirling. So many thoughts about what is going on and what she could possibly be getting at.

"We have special abilities." Mae paused. "How do I put this for you? Ugh, so confusing!" Mae groaned, rubbing her temples.

"Just spit it out."

"Fine, just don't laugh. I'm being completely serious." I nodded.

"Promise."

Mae stood up, taking in a deep breath. She suddenly grabbed the plant that Logan couldn't keep alive and held her palm above it. Mae closed her eyes and it looked like she was concentrated on it.

The plant suddenly got it's color back and began rising up. It's purple flowers bloomed.

Mae opened her eyes and looked at me, biting her lip. My eyes looked at the newly fully grown plant and then back at Mae. I repeated that at least ten times. A scream formed in my throat and my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Mae's eyes widen at my reaction.

"This isn't real, it can't be." I exclaimed. Mae sighed. She put the plant down and sat beside me.

"It is. I didn't believe them at first until I made a vine wall in my bedroom. Yah, crazy, I know. But I'm not lying. But I think that those two guys would've explained." Mae told me truthfully.

"Yes, we gladly will explain." The voice of the blonde said. I jumped off the couch and grabbed the closest thing to me, a baseball bat. Wait, why does Logan have this? Oh wait, he's Logan.

"How'd you get in!?" I asked, my eyes wide. They shrugged, smirks on their faces. I raised the bat, acting like I would hit them. That wiped the smirk off their faces.

"I picked the lock." Black haired replied, shrugging.

"Now, pack a bag and anything else you want. Mae, we'll stop by your house and get some stuff that you'll need. Now get to it." Blondie told us. With a glare, I crossed my arms.

"And why should we listen to you?"

"If you want to know why Mae can do what she can do, you better come with us." I sighed and looked at Mae, who was already looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Fine. But if I want to leave, I will leave." I told them, walking off to my room. I swore I heard one of them mumble 'I bet you won't want to leave'.

~~~~~

I looked out the car window as we left Mae's apartment. My emotions were a jumbled mess and I couldn't get them under control. Mae seemed to be having the same problem.

As we drove out of LA, it seemed to finally sink in. I could possibly never see my family again. I might not get to see Jason, Ben, and Chloe. Mae won't get her chance with Jack. I won't get to build up my relationship with Daniel.

My life just took one heck of a turn. And I don't know if I'll ever be able to turn back around.

Ok ok. I know that it is short but I didn't want to give too much away. You'll have to wait a little longer to see what is going on. I promise it will all make sense soon, hopefully! Thanks again for reading this book!

-SweetPunky