A Dream

My eyebrows furrowed together. Who would be at the door at three in the morning? Are they crazy!? I could be asleep right now! With a sigh, I stood up and began making my way towards the door. But apparently Mae had other plans.

Mae grabbed my arm and pulled me back, instead walking forward. She peeked through the eyehole and gasped quietly, jumping away from the door. She ran over to me, panic in her eyes. Now this had me worried. Mae rarely panics and when she does, it means something.

"What is going on?" I whisper in her ear. But she ignores me, her eyes trained on the door. I yanked my arm out of her hold and marched over to the door, determined to find out who was making my best friend this way. Mae tried grabbing at me but I would either duck or go the opposite way. I shot Mae a worried look before opening the door.

On the other side stood two men. One was taller than the other with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. The smaller one had black hair and brown eyes. They were both in suits and were quietly whispering to themselves until I opened the door. I raised an eyebrow at them, crossing my arms. "Who are you and what are you doing at my door at three in the morning? People need sleep." I demanded to know, going straight to the point. They seemed taken back by my small outburst. Oh boys, I can do alot worse than that.

Blue eyes cleared his throat. "We're sorry to wake you ma'am but we need to talk." He told me, his voice rough.

"I don't talk to strangers." I replied smugly. "I could be sleeping right now. So I am going to ask you two one last time. What are you doing here?" The smaller one stiffled a laugh while the other glared at him. I glared at the both of them. They both looked up at me when they felt my glare.

"She doesn't know." The smaller one groaned. He made it seem like it was some big deal. But they were just making me even more confused. Blondie pulled his phone out and began typing something on it. Then he held it out and I saw that it was calling someone.

"What do you want?" That was the person first said. My eyes narrowed. I know that voice. The two looked at me like they expected me to know who it was. Then it all clicked. Please tell me that this is all a dream.

"Mom!?" I exclaimed, shock and surprise in my voice. The line was quiet. Why do they have my mom's number!?

"Emma! What is going on?!" Mom asked, worry in her voice. I glared up at the men before replying.

"These two men started knocking on my door right when I was almost fully asleep. And they have scared Mae for some reason I don't know. I ask why they are here and they don't answer. One of them pulls out their phone and calls someone. And that someone was you." I explained, still glaring at the pair. They flinched this time and I smirked in victory. Mom sighed.

"It isn't time yet. They are too young." Mom said. I think that she is talking to the two guys because I have no idea what is going on.

The taller one shook his head. "I'm sorry but we're running out of time. We need them now." He told her, glancing over at me. Mom was quiet, lile she was thinking.

"Emma, hun, I need you to pack a bag and have Mae get ready too." Mom told me. My mouth nearly hung open. She was taking their side! I'm putting my foot down on this one Mom. I am not leaving with two strangers to a place that I don't know. Not happening.

"No. I am not leaving. I do not know these people and I do not know what is going on. I'm not leaving until I get some answers. Even then I might not leave." I replied. I heard Mom gasp. She doesn't hear me speak like that alot.

"Emma Paul! As your mother, I am telling you to go pack your bags. You are -" I cut her off.

"No Mom, I'm not leaving. Did you know that Faith and Roger were murder? Did you know that they have three kids? Did you know that Logan, Jake, and I are now their legal guardians? I bet you didn't." My anger was rising up by the second. And so was my confusion. Mom sighed.

"No I didn't know. They can stay with Jake and Logan for now. Now, go pack your bags young lady." I scoffed.

"Not happening." I took a step back and slammed the door shut, locking it. The two guys were surprised before they started lightly pounding on the door. I smirked and walked back to the couch where Mae was. Shock and confusion was written all over her face. But underneath it all, I could see that she knew what was going on.

The truth.

I sat down beside her on the opposite end, eyeing her. Taking in a deep breath, I spoke first. "Mae, what the heck is going on!?"

Sooo, yes I know it is shorter than the rest of the chapters but I was excited to write this one. So, here it is!!! Enjoy!

-SweetPunky