Last Words

A loud, high pitched squeal is heard followed by clapping and Daniel and I jumped. I totally forgot that Caroline was here. I guess you could say I was lost in the moment.

"Congrats you two!" Caroline exclaimed, running up to us. I smiled at her as Daniel wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Thank you." I replied. That just made the spirit smile even bigger, if possible. This girl is so full of life, it's so sad to know that she's dead.

"We're back!" The voice of my brother shouted, followed by the front door slamming shut loudly.

"Should we tell him?" I whispered to Daniel. My boyfriend looked at me and shrugged. Gosh, it seems like I've waited forever to call him my boyfriend.

"It's up to you." Daniel whispered back. I sighed before smirking.

"Let's wait. I wanna surprise them." I told Daniel, who smirked back and nodded. "In here!" I shouted to my brother, who just got back from filming. Yes everyone, The Thinning 2 is in the makings! I'm so excited! I loved the first one!

Logan slid into the kitchen just as Daniel and I pulled apart. The Why Don't We boys were right behind him and so was Mae. Caroline was giggling and eye oggling Jonah in the corner, blushing wildly.

All of the sudden, Mae's head snaps up to the same corner that Caroline is in and stares with wide eyes. No one seems to notice this but me. I slightly nudge Daniel in the ribs and he follows my gaze, his eyes widening slightly.

I walked over to Mae normally as Daniel joined in on the conversation with Logan and the boys. "Uh Mae, everything ok?" I question, playing dumb for the moment. Mae snaps out of whatever trance she was in and she looked at me, shaking her head.

"Uh, it's nothing. Don't worry about it." Mae replied quickly, sending me a quick, fake smile. I raised my eyebrows and smiled back, a real one.

"Her names Caroline by the way." I told Mae, turning my head slightly to look at the boys. I couldn't help but smile and laugh as they were all arguing over which cupcake flavor was better.

"You can see her too?!" Mae questioned, her eyes beaming. I nodded.

"So can Daniel. She scared the living beejues out of us, no joke." Mae giggled before suddenly Logan gasped.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?!" Logan exclaimed, slowly reaching behind him for the baseball bat Daniel had before. My eyebrows furrowed together as I looked back at my brother. Has he finally gone fully insane?

I followed his gaze and let out a gasp of my own.

He was looking right at Caroline.

The Why Don't We boys, expect Daniel, gasped too as Jack and Daniel unknowingly took a step towards the both of us. I would've smiled if it wasn't for the circumstance we were in.

Mae and I's eyes widen as I slowly walked towards my brother while Mae walked towards the other boys. "Logan, put the bat down. I will explain everything after you put the bat down." I said softly, watching as his eyes flickered from me to Caroline. After what seemed like hours, Logan finally lowered the bat and looked at me. I sighed, looking at Mae and Daniel. This is gonna be a long night.

~~~~~

"So, the girl, Caroline, is a spirit and is living in my house." Logan repeated what I had told him almost a hundred times.

"Yes Logan, there is a spirit living in your house." I groaned, rubbing my temples.

Logan grinned and looked over at Caroline, who was sitting in between Jonah and Zach on the couch. "Well, I guess it'll be ok." Then he stood up and his grin seemed to get even bigger. Logan Paul always has a grin on his face. "JASON, BEN, WANT TO GO GET SOME CUPCAKES!?"