Savior

I groaned. My body hurt, everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. My legs, my arms, etc. I rubbed my head, sitting up slowly. I slowly opened my eyes and glanced around, squinting slightly.

I was in an unfamiliar place. It seemed to be a living room. "Ahh, you're finally awake!" A cheery voice said. I jumped and nearly fell off the couch that I was laying on. I saw the old man sitting in an arm chair. "You took quite a fall down those stairs! The boys are downstairs waiting, so let's go get them!" The man stood up and gripped me by my arm, pulling me up. I wobbled slightly before getting my balance and letting the man led me to the door. He reached around his neck and pulled a chain out. It had a key dangling from it. The old man pushed the key into the keyhole and I heard the heavy door unlock. Using his shoulder, the man shoved the door open.

The first thing I noticed was Daniel pacing, worry stretched across his face. "Boys, get up here. We are running out of daylight." The old man said, his voice gruff. The boys head snapped up and they all let out a sigh of relief seeing that I was completely fine. The old man chuckled. "Don't worry, she'll be fine."

Daniel jogged up the stairs and with a low chuckle, Jensen and Jared followed. Once they were all at the top, the old man smiled and clapped his hands, finally letting my arm go. "Alright. Let's head to the kitchen." The old man made us all walk in front of him while he directed us to the kitchen.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Daniel, knowing the old man couldn't hear me. Daniel sighed quietly.

"Apparently, we are going on a picnic in the woods." Daniel replied back, his voice also a whisper. I nodded and then we walked through a doorway that ended up being the kitchen.

"Gemme a second, I'll grab our dinner and then we'll head out." The old man told us, walking in front to the island. In the process of that, the old man let out a low whistle. My eyebrows furrowed together and I swear that this guy is going crazier by the second.

Out of nowhere, I hear paws running across the floor. My head turns every which direction until the paws suddenly stop. I swing my head to the opposite side and their they stood, standing with their heads held high.

It was two huge wolves. The taller one was all black expect for white left ear. You could tell that he was the Alpha male by just the way he stood. The one next to him was obviously a female by how she held her head slightly high but lower than the males. Hey, don't judge. You learn a lot when one of your nerdy friends makes you go on hikes with them. The female's fur was a chocolatey-brown color and her brown eyes stared right into mine. Her eyes looked like they were pleading. But pleading for what?

"Kids, I'd like you to meet the family pets. The black one is Beast, friendly but don't make him mad. And then the lovely Beauty. Friendly and playful but dangerous." The old man said, pulling me out of my thoughts. At the mention of their names, Beauty and Beast turned their heads away from us and to the old man. "They will be accompanying us, keeping us safe." I nearly snorted. That was partly a lie. They weren't just going to keep us safe, their going to make sure we won't run away.

The old man snapped his fingers and began walking towards the back door. The wolves ears twitched at the sound and followed after the old man. Seeing as there was no way out of this, I sighed and followed after the old man and the wolves. I heard the trio of boys behind me sigh also before following. The old man led us outside and onto the backyard, heading towards the forest. I didn't even bother looking around. At least not when Beast or Beauty would look behind them to see if we were still following. There was something in their eyes, an emotion that you usually don't see in a wolf.

We continued to walk forward for a ways. All you could see were trees, and then more trees. And a lot of different shades of greens and browns. I swear I could draw a picture just by looking at all these trees.

"Its just a little further up ahead." The old man said, glancing back behind him. He smiled. Shivers went down my spine and they weren't the good kind. All of us were silent as we let the old man lead us to what could possibly be our death beds. The forest even seemed quiet, an eerie quiet. I kept looking around me every few seconds. My stomach felt uneasy and was turning. I had a bad feeling about this.

As we walked, I found myself thinking about Mae, my brothers, and the other boys. Knowing Mae and my brothers, they've probably sent out for the U.S. Army and the SWAT team. Tears filled my eyes and threatened to fall. But I shook my head, wiping them away. I couldn't let the old man see any weakness. Crying was a big one.

Suddenly, we came to a clearing. I could hear the sound of a stream nearby. Beautiful flowers were scattered everywhere. A red checkered blanket laid in the middle of the clearing, which made me raise an eyebrow. The old man said nothing as he walked to the blanket and sat the basket down. He sat himself down on the blanket and then finally noticed that we were still standing in our spots.

"Come on, I imagine you're hungry." The old man told us. I was hesitant but Jared gave me a gentle push forward, giving me no choice but to go. I soon reached the checkered blanket and sat on the opposite end of the old man. Daniel sat on my right side and Jared on my left, Jensen beside him.

The old man rubbed his hands together, giving us that creeping smile. He lifted the lid of the picnic basket up and reached inside, pulling many different things out and placing them on the blanket. Once everything was out, the old man placed the basket to the side before looking at us. "Dig in children. We've got a visitor coming and he loves to eat." I immeaditly tensed up. Another man was coming. Is he anything like the old man? Or is he the complete opposite?

Daniel noticed my tense posture and grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. I squeezed back and let go to grab a plate. I piled multiple different foods onto my plate. Chicken, chips, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, etc. The old man saw my plate and let out a chuckle, shaking his head. I heard him mumble something under his breath but I didn't hear it all. It was something along the lines of, 'he'll love her'.

I ignored that and dug into my food, devouring it all. The trio cracked a smile, seeing me eat all this food so quickly like a man would. I smirked, sending Daniel a wink. Daniel just shook his head and laughed quietly at me. The old man clenched his fists and anger seemed to flash across his face.

"Hello father." A male voice said, making me jump. In the process, I dropped my piece of chicken onto my plate, causing the trio, the old man, and the new guy to all laugh. I blushed furiously, hiding my face behind my hair. I peeked out behind my hair to see a man, around twenty, with dark brown hair and blue eyes. He looked like a spitting image of the old man, the only difference was the hair.

The old man beamed, standing up to hug the new guy. "Son! I'm so glad you came! Let me introduce you to your new siblings." The new guys eyes scanned over us until they locked with mine. I slightly narrowed my eyes before sending him a fake smile. "The shorter one on the left is Jensen. The one with the longer hair is Jared. Then on the right is Daniel. And then we have the lovely Emma. Children, this is my other son Dakota."

Dakota smiled, nodding his head in greeting. "I hate to cut this short father but I'm in a bit of a hurry." Dakota told the old man, making him frown. But he nodded anyways.

"Alrighty. Go on then and we'll see you two tomorrow." The old man said, making my eyebrows furrow together. Dakota stalked up to me and lifted me up by my arm. I struggled against his hold, which made him glare at me.

"Come on little flower, let's go." Dakota said through gritted teeth.

"Hey, let her go." Daniel's voice said from behind me. I saw the smirk on Dakota's face and rolled my eyes.

"No."

Dakota then began pulling me away, all while the trio tried pulling me back. I screamed loudly, thrashing in Dakota's hold. I kicked, punched, bit, did everything, but none of it affected Dakota.

Two very loud, angry growls made all of us freeze on the spot. Dakota's grip on me loosened and I managed to get out of his grip. I stumbled away from him, only to see him back away. It was Beast and Beauty. They were walking towards Dakota, growling loudly and baring their teeth.

A terrified scream rang in my ears, making me cover them. My eyes were screwed shut and I didn't want to open them. A lick on my face followed by many others made me finally open my eyes. I saw Beast and Beauty standing over me, their tongues hanging out of their mouths. I bet my eyes were wide and held thankfulness. After all...

They saved my life.