Believe Me

I grunted, pushing my arms to the limit as I repeated to punch the punching bag. Last night was not a good night for Mae and I, not at all.

Flashback

Tears ran down my face and I looked at Mae. She also had tears going down her face. She realized it also.

"Turn around." I demanded, my emotions piling up on one another. The boys both shook their heads.

"It's too late for that." Blondie replied. I screamed, letting all my frustration, anger, and sadness out. Blondie, whose name I learned is Sam, almost pulled the car over. The other guy, Dalton, turned around and looked at us with wide eyes.

"What's wrong?! Are any of you hurt?!" He asked. It seemed like he was protecting us, by the way he spoke. I didn't say anything. Instead, I gripped the doorhandle and did a dangerous thing.

I jumped out of a moving car.

I took off running and looked behind me for a second to see Mae following. Dalton and Sam got out of the now stopped car, chasing after us. I had at least ran three quarters of a mile before I found a tree and climbed it. I had no idea where Mae went. I guess that's kinda a good idea.

A scream left my lips as a hand wrapped around my ankle and pulled me off the tree. I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited for the impact of the hard ground. But instead, I landed in a pair of big arms. I opened my eyes to see an angry looking Sam. My rage boiled back up and I snarled, wiggling in his arms.

I managed to get out of his arms and I took off, leaving them in the dust. I heard Sam curse under his breath. Loud, heavy footsteps came behind me but I kept my speed, going even faster if possible. But of course, fate decided to go against me as Sam wrapped his arms around my waist and kept me from running any futher. I kept fighting and struggling against him but it was no use. He is just too strong. I felt a pinch in my neck and then my world went black.

End of Flashback

Yah, they knocked my out with a sedative. They did the same to Mae too. They took us to this cabin in the woods. Four rooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining table, a gym, and a library. The gym is my favorite room so far. That's where I'm currently at, punching out my anger. I haven't run into Sam or Dalton yet and I'm kinda glad because I think that it wouldn't have ended very well. Mae is still knocked out and I don't know when she will wake up.

"Emma?" A voice asked. But I ignored it, focusing more on the punching bag. It's Dalton. "Emma." I sighed.

"What?" I snapped, not breaking out of my stance. Dalton sighed, taking a step closer towards me.

"I'm sorry about last night, we both are."

I scoffed. "Sorry doesn't cut it."

"Just believe me when I saw that it was for your own good." I let my arms drop to my sides as I turned to Dalton, raised eyebrows.

"Oh really?! For our own good?! The only reason that I agreed to go with you two is because I wanted to know what was wrong with my best friend. Because my best friend somehow made a dead flower become full again. When I asked for you to turn around, so I could at least give them a proper goodbye, you wouldn't let us. So as a smart person, I jumped out of the car. Heck yah it was a reckless thing to do but at that moment, I didn't care. So no, I do not believe you when you say that it is for my good good. And believe me when I say that." I told him before returning back to what I was doing.

Dalton let out a long sigh. I heard footsteps going the opposite way of me and the gym door slam close.

~~~~~

It was about an hour before I left the gym after my moment with Dalton. That's how long it took me to get all my anger out. That's how much anger I had within me.

I went back to the room that I originally was in, the bedroom. I assume that it is now mine because all the stuff I thought with me is in it. I went to the bathroom that I shared with Mae that connects our rooms together. I turned the shower on and stripped out of my sweaty clothes. I stepped in and did my thing.

Thirty minutes later I was dried off and dressed. My outfit was ripped jean shorts, white cutoff, and my gray tenni shoes. I had a black sports bra under my cutoff. My hair was in a messy high ponytail.

I sighed, Mae still isn't up yet. I reached out for the door handle that lead for my room when suddenly the one that lead to Mae's jerked opened. A confused and panicked Mae ran in. Relief went across her face when she saw me.

"Where are we and what happened?!" Mae rushed out, her eyes wide. I sighed, for lile the third time today.

"I don't know. Haven't exactly wanted to know yet." I replied, walking into my room. Mae entered my room with me, sitting on my bed with a big sigh.

"Did you get all your anger out yet?" Mae questioned, raising an eyebrow. I smirked, she knows me too well.

"Heck yes I did. And I feel a whole lot better than I did before." Mae nodded.

"Good, that'll be my next stop."

"Well, maybe you can decrease that anger with this." Sam's voice said. Mae and I jumped. I spun around to see him standing in the doorway with his arms crossed as he leaned against the door frame.

"What do you want?" I snarled. Sam didn't seem affected, like he was expecting it.

"I came here to tell you something. Something that will hopefully make you understand a little more until tomorrow." He responded. I scoffed.

"And what would that be?" Mae asked, stealing my question. Sam had a serious look on his face and he didn't smirk. Oh god.

"You two are special."

That was all he told us before walking away.

Finally! More than a thousand words! So proud of myself! And a cliffhanger! What do you think Sam means?! You'll just have to wait and find out....

P.S., DahBestEvah, do not throw your phone at the wall, I repeat, do not throw your phone at the wall.

Until next time!

-SweetPunky