eight

it wasn't long before the girls reached their dorm, and it just so happened that their ddeokbokki order came at the same time too.

after successfully getting their manager to pay for the food and thanking her for the ride, the girls made their way into the dorm while happily swinging the bag of food.

once they entered the dorm, everyone except joy immediately gathered around the table to eat the ddeokbokki. as joy didn't like to eat ddeokbokki, she wanted to head to her room to get a head start on washing up, avoiding the wait later on.

however, her plans were foiled as their leader, irene, called for everyone to be at the table so that they could have their 5 minute talk session.

this time, seulgi started the session. " yeri, we hope you know that none of us want to see our precious maknae get hurt because of this. you've been receiving more hate comments than us ever since you joined, and this will just add fuel to the fire. "

yeri only sighed and carried on eating her ddeokbokki. two years of receiving hate comments didn't make her immune to them.

seulgi continued, " please don't take those comments to heart. those haters are idiots! and so is jungkook! why would he comment that on your post? " she paused and rolled her eyes. " that's essentially the same as seeing a burning building and running towards it. "

at this time, irene softly spoke, " hey, i can try to text bts and find out what's happening over on jungkook's side. "

at this, the rest of the members stopped what they were doing and darted their eyes to her. " how can you contact them? we've never even spoken with bts before. " yeri questioned.

it was true. the 2 groups have never really interacted much before. all they did was bow to each other when they passed by each other backstage or on ending stages.

irene spoke, " remember music bank in singapore? at one point, taehyung took over my mc role with bogum because we had to go and prepare for our performance segment. that's how we met in the mc waiting room and exchanged a few lines. "

joy grinned and pointed out, " i don't think you two simply exchanged a few lines, it looks like you guys exchanged numbers too! "

this time, irene was the one to roll her eyes. " don't go overboard now, we're still acquaintances. anyway, i'll text him later to ask. "

at this moment, yeri saw the perfect opportunity to get her phone back from joy. " hey joy, can i have my phone back now? i still need to make that post for our luvies to thank them. "

joy furrowed her eyebrows. it was evident that she couldn't tell why yeri still wanted her phone back after the countless warnings about the hate comments. " are you kidding me? the hate comments must still be insane now! there's no way i'm letting you touch your phone right now. "

yeri simply smirked. " okay then, later when irene texts taehyung, i'll ask her to ask him for j— " she was cut off once again, by joy who immediately threw her her phone in order to shut her up. " don't you dare! "

wendy, who had been staying silent all throughout the session, finally spoke up. " all in all, what we want to say is please be careful. don't go and read those malicious comments. don't go and search for articles about yourself, you know how badly the media twists everything in order to stir up the public. don't try to find out what they're saying about you, you know you're easily affected by their words. "

it was almost as if wendy was saying those words to herself. she was a victim of the harsh words haters left online too.

she remembered scrolling through those comments in the middle of the night with tears streaming down her face. those comments that were calling her out for her figure got to her, which led to her going on extreme diets and working out like crazy in addition to their dance practices in order to lose weight.

however, even after losing weight, there were still comments about her figure. this time, the comments were calling her too skinny and anorexic.

wendy felt at a loss. no matter what she did, she could never please the haters.

-

a/n

three narratives in a row,,,,, it's an ig fic i swear LOL the posts begin again in the next chapter!!

please remember to vote and comment!! ✨✨

jane