twenty four

after the meeting, both groups left the room and were getting ready to head off to their respective schedules. red velvet was heading to the company's practice room to work on the various choreographies for their upcoming red room tour, while bts would be heading back to bighit to finalise the moves for their upcoming release - dna.

yeri was heading towards the toilet, but didn't see where she was going as she was on her phone. she felt a sharp pain in her head as she bumped into someone, and quickly looked up and apologised.

" ouch.... sorry, i wasn't paying attention! "

" oh, yeri? it's okay. did you hurt your head? "

" out of all the people i could run into, it had to be a bts member, right? and it wasn't even jungkook... "  she thought to herself. she was lost in her thoughts before she realised she had yet to reply jin, and quickly snapped out of it.

" y-yeah, i'm okay. "

" that's good to know. also, you girls were right about the meeting earlier. the heads really are snakes. "

" i told you so. i'm lucky they even decided to put me into red velvet, it's sad to see all the friends i've been training with since stepping into here leaving one by one because they just don't see a future here at sm. "

jin smiled bitterly. he had read the recent news and rumours about the sm rookies leaving the company. " well, i'm glad you managed to escape from the dungeon. i can't picture red velvet without you. "

yeri couldn't help but smile at that. it was nice to hear such genuine, kind things about her. a refreshing change from what she had been reading about herself online over the past week.

" anyway, yeri, can i ask you for a favour? "

" it depends. "

" tsk, you're seriously different from the rest. "

" i know. "

" sure. well, can you talk to jungkook? i'll give you his number. "

" what the fuck? i mean... at least this is an easy way to get his number i guess. honestly, this is more of a gift rather than a favour. " millions of thoughts were running though yeri's head.

and one of those thoughts was definitely not an evil plan.

" okay, i'll do it if you allow me to do something on your phone. so hand it over. " yeri replied calmly and stuck her hand out. jin eyes her suspiciously, but hands his phone over anyway. anything to make their maknae happy.

she types in joy's number into his contacts, surprising jin who looks on.

" wow, you remember numbers in this digital age? "

" yeah, isn't it important to at least remember numbers for those close to you? "

jin smirked as he typed in jungkook's number into her contacts. " i guess this means you'll have jungkook's number memorised soon then. " he paused before continuing. " make sure you text him. "

" well, what if i don't? " yeri asked.

" don't be silly, i know you will. honestly, he's been under a lot of stress lately because he feels bad for starting all of this, but i believe you can tell that you make him happy. "

" and i can tell that he makes you happy too. "

yeri was taken aback by jin's words. she felt a slight blush form on her cheeks. " i-i... " she stammered.

" wow, i can't believe that my instincts were actually right after all. "

thankfully for yeri, she didn't have to say anything as they were interrupted by joy.

" yeri ah, why are you taking so long? sohee unnie wants us to start practicing already! " joy shouted as she ran along the hallways, searching for yeri. once she turned the corner, she caught sight of yeri and jin and stopped dead in her tracks.

" oh... hello. " she greeted and bowed to jin, who did the same. " shit, why is he here? what should i do? why is yeri with him? "

" oops, did i take that long? wait, one last thing before we go. " yeri spoke. she then tapped furiously on jin's phone before passing it back to him. " it was nice talking to you! remember to check your messages after this " she winked.

jin narrowed his eyes. " what did you do on my phone? "

his question was left unanswered as yeri had already cheekily ran off with joy to their practice room.

as they ran to their practice room, joy couldn't hide her jealousy and started asking yeri. " ya yeri, what exactly were you doing with jin? "

" why, are you jealous? " yeri laughed at poked joy's sides. " don't kid around with me now! " joy cried out.

" i was HELPING YOU. " yeri emphasised. " to cut it short, he wanted me to text jungkook, so i made a deal with him. i sent you a text using his phone, so now you have his number. "

joy couldn't process what she was hearing. she furrowed her eyebrows and asked yeri. " what? "

" nothing much, you're welcome. "

jin headed to the back entrance of the building to board their van and get back to bighit. while he did, he checked through his phone in order to find out what exactly did yeri do to his phone.

when he got to checking his messages, his face lit up.

jin
hiiiiii joy unnie it's yeri here heeheeheeheehee i'm using jin's phone to text you heeheeheeheehee

jin was happy. maybe something good came out of this special meeting after all - jungkook would be happier, and he had joy's number.

-

a/n

school activities r boring as fuck so here's a chapter!!!!

please remember to vote and comment!!

jane