fifty

" let's just cut to the chase - explain yourself please, yerimmie. we're all confused. "

fiddling around with the hair tie that was in her hand, yeri took a deep breath and began to explain everything.

" well... remember when jungkook said he wanted to use dating to change the way our company settles such issues?

it turns out he was actually serious about it. not just because of the company, but actually because he wanted to date me.

i was just afraid. you all know i haven't had the chance to date or anything in school since i've been training since i was 12, so i didn't know how to respond to jungkook. "

yeri was confused and afraid - not knowing how her member would react. she took a shaky breath, her tears threatening to spill out, and she continued explaining.

" you guys didn't know, but i've actually been going out lately to meet him. i'm so sorry for lying by saying i was hanging out with saeron and soohyun.

we didn't do much, just going to convenience stores in quieter neighbourhoods to buy ramen, and sitting under trees in parks or sitting by the river. we just ate late night snacks and had really nice talks together, and i had a good time.

at first, i didn't mind just fake dating so that the companies plan would backfire but now, i actually want to date him. "

at this point, yeri was in tears. she was so conflicted over this for the past few weeks, knowing that she was doing something so wrong but it felt so right.

" earlier after we were done with dinner, i said i was going to find saeron because she saw us playing games and got jealous so i wanted to spend time with her, but it was really just an excuse to meet jungkook at the park again.

i thought it'd just be a normal hangout but this time, he really poured out his feelings to me and asked me to be his girlfriend.

how could i say no?

i didn't mean for it to happen, i really didn't, but it just did.

i just don't know how to explain it, jungkook is someone dear to me now and i don't want to lose him.

this sounds really cheesy but my head is honestly always filled with him and my heart goes weird around him and i- he's just so special to me.

i've never liked anyone before but if this is how it feels like, i don't mind. being with him makes me happy. i know i'll receive a lot of hate, even more than what i've been receiving lately, but it'll hurt even more to be separated. "

the girls who were older and had dated before during their pre-trainee days knew what yeri was going through. some of them were even forced to break off their relationship upon entering the company.

and they definitely knew how wrong it was for an idol, but they didn't have the heart to stop her although they knew she would receive so much hate.

having someone significant by your side to stick with you through thick and thin - they just wanted yeri to be happy.

all the members knew that yeri had been receiving a lot more hate and death threats lately under her instagram posts, probably due to being close with the extremely popular jeon jungkook.

" die "
" just fucking die "
" you don't deserve to be here on this planet "
" how could you do this to jungkook "
" what has jungkook done for him to suffer thanks to you "
" you better stay away from jungkook, we know where their dorm is, where your family is and where you stay too "
" if you continue doing this, us loyal fans of jungkook won't hesitate to kill you. we'll do anything for him. "
" why do you even exist "

those comments were extremely harsh indeed, but if jungkook could be someone reliable that yeri could always go to to forget about all those, they wouldn't mind.

but little did they know, yeri saw those comments too.

and yeri was someone who preferred to keep her thoughts and feelings to herself instead of sharing it with others - she found that to be a burden to them and she wanted to avoid them at all costs.

one by one, those hate comments turned into the voices in her head, and yeri found that being with jungkook always helped. being in his embrace was always blissful and melted away all her worries.

but one day, maybe even jungkook wouldn't be enough to save her from them.

-

a/n

a slightly longer chapter this time!! pretty much explained most of it i guessss hahaa

please remember to vote and comment!!

jane