nineteen

it was a pizza night for the girls. thankfully, they had no schedules for that day, so they spent time at home lazing on the sofa and getting some well deserved rest.

joy was scrolling through her social media, catching up on news and the various posts her friends made when she came across the allkpop article about red velvet and bts.

needless to say, she was at a loss for words.

she quickly clicked on the article and read through what allkpop wrote about them, before hastily closing the tab to avoid reading any of the netizen comments. she knew that there wouldn't be much kind words anyway.

joy looked at the post again, and then she realised that wendy had seen it too, seeing as she commented on it.

" hey, wendy! " joy called out to the blonde girl who was sitting on the floor, munching on a slice of pizza as she was watching stranger things on the tv.

wendy paused the episode before turning back to joy. " yes? what's going on? " she asked.

" you saw the allkpop article about us and bts too? "

" yeah... i didn't bother to read it though. i only saw that yoongi commented, so i replied to him. "

" wait, why would you? you know yoongi in real life? the yoongi from bts? "

" yeah, i met him during our rookie era. i left the waiting room to refill my bottle and i met him outside, so we greeted each other and talked for a while. he gave me some tips on songwriting too, we had a nice chat! "

at this time, yeri who was sitting at the other end of the sofa and was quietly listening to what they were talking about butted in on their conversation.

" wait, so you met him, and you didn't tell any of us about it? "

joy and wendy turned around at the sound of yeri's voice. wendy only smiled sheepishly before murmuring, " oops. sorry! "

yeri shifted to joy's end of the sofa. " you know, we shouldn't be hiding these things from each other. after all, best friends should have the privilege of knowing who each other's potential boyfriends are! " she said as she playfully nudged wendy.

before wendy could say anything in return, irene walked into the living room as she was on the phone with someone, grabbing everyone's attention. she quickly told the girls that it was their manager who was calling before putting the phone on speaker mode.

" hello? " a sweet voice called out.

" hyejin unnie! "

" how was your rest day? what are you guys doing now? "

" we mostly slept or lazed around, and we're eating pizza now! "

" again? "

the girls awkwardly laughed before irene answered. " well, you can come and join us! i think we'll have leftovers. "

" it's okay. anyway, i called to let you girls know that you will have to attend a special meeting tomorrow at 8am, so no sleeping in! i'll come to pick the group up at 7:30am. "