Chapter 11: Ororo

I haven't really left my spot in the centre of the cell since I've gotten here. I've been too weak. Something about being underground has always made me feel uneasy, add my claustrophobia and I feel down right disgusting. It doesn't help that they haven't given me a toilet, since they're so afraid of me. So all I have is a bucket which stinks. They give me food at least, with a long metal pole, which is much better than how I've been eating for the past couple months.

They told me that they're waiting for a maximum security van to pick me up and take me to court. I'm getting so anxious just waiting, but my body feels so fatigued. It's killing me. If only I could get some fresh air, see the sky. But I know they would never let me see the sky again after what I did. My shoulders slump even further with guilt. I was told there are several officers in critical conditions plus the man and the woman. I never meant to hurt anyone, but no matter how much I say that they won't believe me.

Whenever someone does come down they look at me with so much hate in their eyes. And I can't blame them, so I just sit here staring at the wall. Either feeling guilty or thinking about T'Challa or both. He helped me out and look where I am, I feel like I failed him in a way. Even though I don't even know him.

I sigh and look up at the wall beside me again. Suddenly the usually plain brick wall starts to shift in colour and move. I crab walk back in shock. A head materializes with a high brown ponytail, then a face and soon a whole girl in a black jumpsuit comes out of the wall.

She looks at me with shock with wide green eyes, just standing there as if I was the one who just said walked out of a wall. She seems a couple years younger than me. She looks as if she forgot why she was here. "Who are you?" I croak. Surprised at how weak my voice sounds even though I've only been here for 2 days.

She seems to snap out of it and she reaches out a hand. "I'm Kitty and I'm here to rescue you." I can see her cringe at how cheesy that sounded. "I mean bust you out of jail or whatever."

She got me at rescue. I take her hand and shake it, standing up. "I'm Ororo, let's get out of here." I almost fall back down, but I force myself to stay upright. She nods. "Can you go through walls or something?" I ask.

She puts her hand behind her head as if a little embarrassed. "Yeah I guess so. I'm gonna try and phase us both out of here. I um think I need your hand again."

I let her take it. She takes a deep breath and starts to step back the way she came and goes fully through the wall. Next it's my turn, but as soon as my hand touches the wall it just stays there. Kitty tugs my hand from the other side, but it won't go through.

Frustrated I let go of her hand. A moment later she resurfaces to my side of the wall.

"What was that?" I demand. But not with as much energy as usual, I still feel drained from being underground for so long.

Kitty shakes her head. "I don't think I can bring two people through." She says uncertainly.

I can feel myself getting angry. "What do you mean you don't think? Did you not know that before you got here?"

I don't know why she wants to save me, but I would assume she has a purpose. Not my problem. I plan to ditch her as soon as I get out. If I get out. I need her to accomplish it first.

She looks embarrassed. "I- I'm kind of new to this."

I sighed. Then I hear the door that leads down here jingle as all the locks are unlocking. Someone is coming down.

I need to think fast. I decide I have to change my attitude with Kitty if I want to get out of here. This may be my only shot.

"Someone's coming." Kitty says, she heard the door too.