Chapter 16: Bobby

My parents grounded me for a month after they found out what I did to my room. Any chances of me playing ice hockey at all are ruined, much less being on the senior team. I trudge through the hallway, only half listening to what Judy is saying during lunch. Suddenly I'm pushed against a row of lockers, the temperature dropping dangerously low.

Victor Kim is clutching me by my collar, surrounded by a bunch of other guys from my hockey team. His face is contorted in anger. "What's your problem dude?" He growls at me.

"What are you talking about?" I snarl back, pushing his arms off of me. But I'm immediately pushed back again by two other guys from my hockey team.

"Get off of him!" Judy shrieks from behind them. I can see her hot pink nails pulling at Victor's jacket. Another guy yanks her from his shoulder roughly.

It takes all of my will power not to give Victor the biggest frostbite of his life. "Don't touch her!" I push against Victor and the others, but they're too strong.

"Trust me she wouldn't be on your side after she finds out what you did." Victor sneers. "Chicks don't dig quitters."

"What is he talking about?" Judy asks.

Victor smiles at me, waiting for me to reply. I take a deep breath. "I quit the hockey team." I say between clenched teeth.

Judy looks at me with disbelief. "What's the matter?" Victor asks. "He didn't bother to tell you just like he didn't bother for us? I guess he only cares for himself doesn't he?"

Judy shakes her head and turns around to walk away. "Judy wait." I call, but she doesn't turn around.

Instead she replies still moving away, "Next time you want to destroy your future think about what it will do to everyone else's image too." And with that she sashays away to join her friends who have already started gossiping no doubt about me.

"That's what you get for thinking it's only about you." Victor snarls. He shoves me one more time against the locker, creating a slight dent and a pang of pain in my shoulder. The bell rings for the end of lunch. The other guys let go of me and follow Victor, leaving me. I clench my jaw, every part of me is itching to go after them, but I know that if I let my anger out I won't be able to control the ice.

Instead I punch the locker next to me with a grunt. To my surprise someone falls out of it. No, someone fell through it, the door was still closed. I stare in shock at a girl, probably a freshman, with bright green eyes and brown hair in a ponytail. She recovers faster than I do and mumbles something, starting to push past me.

I grab her shoulder. "Hey how'd you do that?"

She looks at me straight in the eyes, her furious green eyes full of confidence despite whatever situation she was in. "I don't know what you're talking about. And don't touch me." She shrugs my hand from her shoulder and continues to speed walk away. But I'm not letting off that easy at the chance that there might be someone like me.

"Hey." I jog up to her. "I saw what you did. You know, like you went through the locker. You're not normal." She ignores me and keeps walking. I have an idea to get her to open up, but it's risky. Then again what do I have to lose?

"Look I'm like you too." I say going in front of her. She finally stops walking and cocks her hip, with her eyebrows raised. I figure I'm going to have to convince her quickly now that I have her attention. So I make a small ice crystal form in my hand. My hand shakes with nervousness, this goes against everything I was taught, my parents told me not to tell anyone. But the idea of having someone even remotely like me is too strong. Now it's my turn to raise my eyebrows, "Well?"