six.

real life.

CARMEN WAS ON the couch early that Saturday morning, because of the new puppy Rogers howling at her bedroom door

CARMEN WAS ON the couch early that Saturday morning, because of the new puppy Rogers howling at her bedroom door. With Rogers curled up next to her and wrapped in a fuzzy white blanket, Carmen's attention was on the TV that played a repeat episode of Supernatural.

Thankfully, the morning was quiet so far, with Bridget and Annabelle still asleep. It allowed Carmen to relax and enjoy the silence, something she didn't get often in her hectic life.

Just as the TV turned to another commercial, her phone went off twice. Both of the notifications being on twitter— and from the Chris Evans. A groan nearly left Carmen's lips, and thoughts began to wander through her head.

Mainly like, why was Chris getting into our lives?

Carmen picked up her phone and swiping the screen, the notification immediately taking her to her twitter page. From there, she opened her direct messages, and skipping over the messages about pets and went to the message from Chris.

"Morning," Annabelle yawned, causing Carmen to look up.

Carmen smiled, "Good morning, Anna."

Anna ran a hand through the curly mess of hair, pushing the strands off her face and wrapped her arms around her own waist. She took one glance at Carmen as she looked back down to her phone, a conflicted emotion resting on her face. Anna stepped forward, another yawn slipping from her lips as she rested her body against the wall.

"What's that face for?" Anna questioned, raising an eyebrow at her best friend.

Carmen's head snapped up again, looking at Anna like a deer caught in the headlights. Anna simply shook her head and laughed, but soon received a glare from Carmen. She quit the laughter immediately.

Carmen sighed, "Chris messaged me."

It was funny; they talked about the famous actor like they knew him personally. Ever since Carmen mentioned him that tweet, he'd been turning their lives upside down without even knowing it.

"Maybe that's good," Anna shrugged, her best friend's words instantly waking her up. With the look that Carmen gave her, Anna sighed. "You need to get back out there. You're thirty-two, almost thirty-three and Bridget's fourteen. You can have the time to date."

Carmen thought about Anna's words as she locked her phone and sat it face down on the arm of the sofa. She shrugged her shoulders.

"My biggest fear is letting someone in, and then they leave." Carmen admitted, "Especially for Bridget. I don't want her not believing in love because of someone that I let in. And who says that Chris isn't any different than every other guy."

"Be friends," Anna stated, turning around and heading to the kitchen to leave Carmen, once again, to think about her words.

She felt so conflicted. With her own thoughts, and her daughter's well being. Carmen knew that Bridget wanted a father— and that was why Carmen tried to date for the longest time; to find someone she could love for her remaining time and to find someone who could be a father. Both had failed miserably when they were mixed together; causing her to give up on dating altogether.

Carmen glanced up again, watching as Anna made her presence in the room and sat down in the recliner with a bowl of fruity pebbles.

"I will message him, but only if you promise not to tell Bridget." Carmen stated, earning a grin from Anna.

She nodded, "It's safe with me."

With a deep breath, Carmen picked up her phone and punched in her passcode, twitter coming up immediately. She typed in a response and waited patiently.