sixty five.

real life.

BRIDGET WORKED ON her homework as Anna attempted to get through with Carmen

BRIDGET WORKED ON her homework as Anna attempted to get through with Carmen. Only they knew of Chris' plan and everyone knew about the article just released two days ago. Carmen just refused to talk about it and continued making dinner.

Though Bridget was focused on her homework, she listened to Anna and her mother. It was her job to report back to Chris, and it was Anna's job as well. She wanted so badly to help the man she now called dad propose to her mother.

"Carmen," Anna sighed after few moments of silence. "Why are you avoiding the articles?"

"I'm not," Carmen answered simply.

Anna scoffed, "You won't say anything about it."

"What is there to say?" Carmen questioned, pausing whatever she was doing and turning around. She quirked an eyebrow and crossed her arms as she leaned back against the counter.

"Well, do you wanna marry him, mom?" Bridget asked, looking up from the science sheet in front of her.

Anna smirked slyly at her best friend, cocking an eyebrow in victory and in question. Carmen rolled her eyes in response to Anna.

"I mean, yeah. He's a great guy and everything I could ever want in man." Carmen started, smiling slowly. "We've talked about it, but it's been about eight months. I doubt he wants to get married so soon."

"Well, neither one of you are getting any younger." Anna commented.

"I'm thirty three, Annabelle!" Carmen groaned. "I'm still young, and so is Chris. We have time, and besides, do you blame me? Last time I loved a guy, he left me!"

Bridget focused back on her homework, staying quiet after her mother's comment about her birth father. She didn't know much about him except that her mother loved him very much and he left after she was conceived. Bridget disliked the man because of it, and was happy to have to have Chris in her life.

"Chris isn't like that, and you know it." Anna argued, "God, he never shuts up about how in love he is with you. Honey, that man wants nothing more than to make you happy."

Carmen smiled slightly, "Yeah, and he loves Bridget. That's the biggest for me. He didn't run when I said I was a mother."

Bridget looked up at her mother after hearing her name. She grinned at her, seeing the smile that her mother had.

"Mom, Chris is a good man and he make you happy, which makes me happy. You deserve it, especially after raising me for fifteen years."

"Thank you, mija." Carmen whispered, cupping her daughter's face as she stood in front of her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Now, finish your homework."

Bridget nodded, "Okay." Then she glanced at her mother with a playful smile, "I would like Chris to live with us and for you to be married."

Anna giggled as Carmen rolled her eyes and shook her head. She pointed to her daughter's homework and gave a look that Bridget knew all too well, one that said 'do your homework now'.

Anna smirked, glancing at Carmen. "Now, back to Chris."

• • • •

Ooh, yikes. Sorry for the terribly long wait for this update. Hopefully the next one won't take as long. But guys! I've got news!

So, I've planned out where this book is ending and where the next is beginning. I'm pretty excited. Also, this book only has a few more chapters until its ending, but y'all are gonna love it.

I can't wait to share everything about this book with you guys! Yikes, I'm done now, emjoy!