fifty two.

real life.

DESPITE SLEEPING FOR four hours, Carmen was still really tired, but was still happy

DESPITE SLEEPING FOR four hours, Carmen was still really tired, but was still happy. She felt so welcomed into his family as they told stories and laughed during dinner. Of course, her favorites were the embarrassing stories told about Chris from his childhood.

"God," Scott groaned, continuing the stories of pranks pulled over his years, "He was always so mean. He never stopped pranking me."

Carmen giggled as she rested her hand on Chris' thigh, which elicited small smile from him. She shook her head, "He's always being funny. That's like, I think he was trying to make Bee pass out when he showed her the shield. She freaked."

Chris laughed, his hand going to his left pec as he threw his head back. "That!— Th-That was!— so funny!"

"Back to the left boob grabbing," Bridget muttered under her breath, earning a chuckle from his siblings.

Carmen couldn't really help the smile that crept to her lips. Her smile quickly grew into a grin once she caught Chris staring at her with his own smile.

"Remember that one time, oh my god. Scott had a few friends over, and Chris made his mission to embarrass Scott." Carly gave a sly grin to both her brothers. "Chris did everything. As far as pulling pranks, making Scott look like a baby. He pulled out Scott's old teddy bear and told all his friends that he still slept with it."

"Oh my god!" Scott exclaimed, "I was thirteen!"

Bridget giggled, "That's a pro to having no siblings," she glanced over to her mother and Chris with a factious smirk, "Or if I ever get siblings, I'll be older and possibly out of high school."

"Okay, mija." Carmen smiled slightly, "Not for awhile, eh? Maybe in a few years."

"Better be a ring first," Bridget muttered, causing everyone else to giggle, but Chris blushed.

His mother smiled slyly at him, causing Chris to groan and hang his head. His siblings laughed as Carmen gently laid her hand on his back, softly scratching at his shirt as a comfort move.

Chris sighed, but the smile was evident when he lifted his head. He ceased the laughter with a wave of his arms.

"We are not doing that," he stated, "Not tonight."

"Come on, baby." His mother said smoothly, "I'm still waiting for that daughter-in-law and a couple more grand babies."

Chris rolled his eyes, "Mom, in the future. I don't mind, but in the future, eh?"

"So you wouldn't mind marrying me?" Carmen teased, grinning over at Chris with a quirked eyebrow.

His smile matched her's as he leaned over to press a lingering kiss her cheek. "Of course not. That'd be a dream." He whispered, reaching for Carmen's hand and lacing their fingers.

• • • •

So, short little chapter, but on the fluffy side. Got to see the domestic side of Chris which always makes my heart melt.

But I've got some good news; I've sorta mapped out what will happen in this book, and started working on the plot for the next. I'm really excited to share this because Carmen and her little family are my babies, and I love their relationship with Chris.

Anyway, enjoy! Happy holidays as well! ❤️