forty four.

real life.

FOUR MONTHS LATER

FOUR MONTHS LATER.

CHRIS COULDN'T WAIT. He was finally seeing the girl— the woman— he loved after six months. So, he stood there in a sea of people, looking like those cliche people with signs with other's names. Chris just prayed that Carmen and Bridget would know it's him, despite the baseball cap and sunglasses.

A grin traced his lips after twenty minutes, seeing his girl walking towards him with her daughter. The smile on her face told Chris that she was happy to see him, and in reality, Carmen was over the moon to see the man she loved.

She dropped her bags and immediately wrapped her arms around his neck. Bridget took the sign from Chris' hands before they tightly wrapped around Carmen's waist. Once again, he felt welcomed and loved, like every time they were in each other's arms. He frowned slightly when she pulled back, but not before quickly kissing him— quickly as if not to be caught by cameras.

"I missed you, Captain." Carmen whispered.

Chris simply laughed, "I missed you more, princess."

Bridget crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at the couple. She knew Chris could be romantic— according to all the interviews she watched, but she never knew her mother was.

"Hey, guys, I'm still here." Bridget spoke, earning her the attention from the two. Chris chuckled, holding his hand out for a high five. Bridget couldn't help the smile as she high fived him.

"It's great to see you again, kid."

She grinned, "It's good to see you too, Chris."

Chris looked down, grabbing one of Carmen's bags and then slipped his hand into hers. He leaned over, quickly kissing her cheek before smiling.

"I hope you're okay with cast coming over for dinner. I don't hear the end of them begging me to meet you," Chris started, walking towards the exit of the airport with the two following him. "They're pretty excited, princess. And so is my mom. She can't wait to meet the woman who makes me so happy."

•  •  •

Chris and Carmen were instantly attacked by Dodger with yelps and jumpiness upon entering the apartment. Her hand was intertwined with his, and still not wanting to let go.

"Dodger, down boy!"

Bridget laughed, kneeling down on the floor and catching the dog's attention. Dodger had jumped into Bridget's lap, getting the attention he finally wanted.

Chris leaned over, kissing Carmen's cheek and began to lead her down the hall.

Carmen couldn't help the smile when they reached the bedroom at the end of the hall. "Thank you for letting us stay with you, Chris."

"Don't worry about it. It's the least I could do for you and Bee." Chris shrugged, "If you're not comfortable sharing the bed with me, then you can have it and I'll take the couch. Bee can have the guest room."

Carmen giggled, wrapping her arms around his torso. She stepped up on her toes, quickly kissing her cheek.

"I don't mind sharing," she grinned, "That means cuddles."

Chris laughed, placing his hands on her waist. He leaned down, quickly kissing her lips before pressing a small kiss to the tip of her nose.

"Sounds good to me."

•  •  •

Carmen couldn't help the smile as each of Chris' cast members greeted both her and Bridget with hugs. However, Robert Downey Jr. greeted the two with a hug and the kiss on the cheek.

Wrapping an arm around Chris' torso, Carmen watched her daughter talk to her favorite actors. The smile on Bridget's lips was unbelievable, and the laughter she shared with them made Carmen happy.

"I love you," Chris whispered, happily kissing her cheek again.

"I love you too, Cap."

"Cut the check!" Anthony called out, pointing at Carmen and Chris with smirk. "Cut it out!"

Carmen laughed, shaking her head and biting down on her bottom lip. Bridget went into a fit of giggles, remembering the first time she heard Mackie say that on a video of bloopers from The Winter Soldier.

"Okay, Denzel Washington." Lizzie muttered, rolling her eyes.

"She's so happy," Carmen whispered, watching Bridget grin and hug Sebastian, then Liz. "It makes me happy, you make me happy. Oh my god, I'm happy."

"I got that reference!" Bridget shouted, earning more laughter from the group and howls from Dodger.

"You best be keeping these two around for awhile, Christopher." Robert smiled, glancing to Chris over the couch. Chris laughed and noddded.

"Yes sir." Chris stated, "I plan on keeping them around for awhile."

•  •  •

Ah, so this chapter probably could've been better and I'm sorry that it sucks. I just couldn't wait for Carmen and Bee to meet the cast, and everything else.

Also, I created my first manip for this story, and honest, I love it. That probably sucks too, but I cannot wait for you guys to see it.

One more thing, loves. If I were to write a Tony Stark fic, who would read it?

— Nicole 💕