sixty four.

calls.

INCOMING CALL FROM CAPTAIN!
accept or decline?

"Chris, bab—"

"Princess, do you love me?"

"Sweetheart, what kind of question is that?"

"Just please, answer my question."

"Of course. I love you so much, it's not even funny. Why? Are you crying?"

"It's my anxiety, and god, this hasn't come up in the seven months we've been together, but now it's like my brain won't shut up and it's giving me all these negative thoughts. Baby, I can't stop it."

"Chris, listen to me, honey. Okay?"

"Okay. I'm listening."

"I am so in love with you, more than anyone I've ever loved. You remind me of the simple things in life. Like that little lazy smile you get in the morning, when you first wake up. Or, you're so strong and could probably crush me, but you've been nothing but gentle. The way you are with Bridget, oh man, it makes me weak in the knees. You are everything I could ever want."

"Really?"

"Really, babe. You're such a great man, and I don't deserve you one bit. You're so selfless, and funny, and sweet, and caring."

"D-mn, I love you so much."

"I love you too, Christopher. Remember, you're more than your anxiety. Don't doubt my love for you, because if I could it all over again, I'd still go straight for you."

"I don't deserve you, princess. I honestly don't. I have no idea what I did to get you in my life."

"By being your flirty, dorky self. That's the Chris I fell in love with. The giant, bearded, sweater wearing meatball who wants to spread nothing but love."

"Oh my—"

"Chris? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm perfect now. It's a lot to pull me from an attack, and yet you did easily."

"I'm glad I could help."

"You're making it quite easy to make up my mind."

"About what?"

"That's a surprise, princess."
"You know, I love the way you cuddle up to me in bed. It's relaxing. You have this aura and it makes me so calm. When you bite your lip because you're thinking about me is really cute."

"Wha— how did you know?!"

"You just have this look. You'll bite your lip and have this dreamy look in your eyes. That, and I can feel you stare when I wear jeans."

"Christopher Robert, I swear you will be the death of me."

"Hopefully not too soon. I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you."
"Anyway, I'll let you go. It's late and you have work in the morning. Sweet dreams. I love you, Carmen Mariana."

"I love you too, Christopher Robert. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Talk to you tomorrow, princess."

CAPTAIN ENDED THE CALL!