thirty.

real life.

BEING CALLED INTO an interview was really nothing for Chris, besides the slight anxiety bubbling in his throat that was normal

BEING CALLED INTO an interview was really nothing for Chris, besides the slight anxiety bubbling in his throat that was normal. So, saying yes to another interview with Ellen was nothing— quite easy actually.

Chris looked up from the mirror, glancing at the door as it opened slightly after someone knocked. A man with a clipboard and a headset held up five fingers on his hands. He mouthed, "Five minutes."

Chris nodded his head slightly and returned his attention to the mirror. Resuming to tie his tie, then slide the black suit jacket. Once he was finished, he took a deep breath and watched himself in the mirror, running a hand through his darkening blond hair. Then running both of his hands down his jawline, feeling his beard underneath his skin.

He left the room, not wanting to be late for the interview with Ellen. Chris made it to the side of the stage with a minute and twenty seconds left. It was filled with laughter before Ellen shut it all down.

"Now, the man who has been in the eye of the media, and Captain America, I'd like to welcome Chris Evans!" Ellen shouted happily, bouncing in her seat.

Chris wiped his hands on his pants before smiling and walking out, lifting his hand to wave. Screams and cheers filled his ears.

He sat down on the white leather couch, smiling warmly at Ellen. Though, he was happy to be here again, his nerves getting to him.

D–mn you, nerves, he thought. It also didn't help that he told Carmen he was going to be there.

"Hello, Ellen." Chris greeted, happily like normal. "It's quite a pleasure to be back."

"It's great to have you back! You must be busy, so I was pleasantly surprised. With Infinity War coming out in May, and Gifted, and the new woman in your life! Can we talk about her?"

Chris blushed, rubbing the back of his neck as he leaned back on the sofa. He shrugged and crossed his knee over the other.

"Uh, sure. What do you want to know?" Chris asked.

Ellen simply grinned, "Are the rumors true? Are you two a thing?"

"Well," Chris laughed nervously, "We aren't exactly a thing yet, but it's a possibility. She's pretty great."

"From your twitter, it sure seems like it. Too bad I couldn't have her up here so you two could meet." Ellen smiled, "How did you meet her?"

"Over twitter, actually. She called me hot, and I couldn't get her out of my head. Her daughter then ended up messaging me, and it started from there." Chris explained, folding his hands in his lap. He couldn't help the smile coming to his lips as he talked about her.

"From an inside source, you call her princess and she calls you captain. What's the story behind that?" Ellen had an amused smile as Chris shook his head.

"I don't wike it," he muttered, laughing. He looked back up. "We'd been talking for awhile, and I called her babe, as a joke. I was being funny and flirty. And Carmen said don't call me babe. I shook it off, saying fine and then called her princess. It just stuck. She called me captain, seeing my character, and that stuck as well. The only people who know that are my cast mates—" Chris paused as he came to the realization, laughing and shaking his head once more.

Ellen grinned, "That's right. Elizabeth wanted me to keep this a secret."

"Chrissy!"

Chris turned around on the sofa, seeing Liz walking up behind him. A laugh escaped his lips as he stood up and approached her, wrapping his large arms around her small frame. He rocked her back and forth, hearing her laughter as she squeezed tightly in his arms.

"It's because of her, Chris. Elizabeth here knew how happy you were, and how happy Carmen was. Liz even bought you tickets to meet your girl, this was just the surprise." Ellen spoke, standing up from her chair, having Chris and Liz join her once again.

"Thank you, to you both." Chris grinned.

He couldn't help the smile and the happiness. Because of one of his closest friends, he was able to meet Carmen even sooner. Maybe even ask her out sooner.

"I hope she's watching this," Ellen stated.

Chris nodded, "She is."

"And I hope she's jumping with joy," Liz joked.

Chris nodded once more, "She probably is. I hope so."