fifty five.

real life.

CHRIS HAPPILY GREETED Carmen by surprising her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind as she conversed with his siblings

CHRIS HAPPILY GREETED Carmen by surprising her, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind as she conversed with his siblings. He laughed when a small shriek left her lips and pressed a calming kiss to her cheek. She grumbled softly under her breath, which resulted in more innocent kisses.

His arms stayed around her waist and she was eventually relaxing in his embrace. Chris wanted nothing less than to be able to hold her all the time.

"How was lunch?" Carmen asked, turning in his arms after her previous conversation died down.

"Good," Chris answered quietly, kissing her quickly as her arms hung loosely around his shoulders. "Bridget asked if she could call me dad today."

"And how do you feel about that?" Carmen smiled minutely.

Chris grinned, "I'm absolutely thrilled. This is all I've ever wanted. A woman who loves me for me, a kid, maybe more. I've got my own family. I have all that I could ever ask for."

Carmen couldn't help it when her small smile climbed into a grin. She stood up on her toes, pressing a loving kiss to his lips. Chris didn't want the kiss to end, but when she ceased the kiss, he happily nuzzled his face into her neck.

"You know I love you, right?" Carmen asked.

Chris barely nodded and pressed a gentle kiss to her skin. "I know. I love you too and I can't wait for our future."

She giggled, removing her arms and gently pushing on his chest. "Speaking of our future, I do believe we were going to talk about that."

He nodded, taking quick glances around his surroundings. His siblings and mother were talking in the kitchen and Bridget was in the family room with his nieces and nephews. Without any second thoughts, he kissed Carmen's forehead and reached for her hand before gently tugging her towards the stairs.

"I don't feel like having any of my family eavesdropping on us." Chris whispered, easily escaping without anyone noticing. He dragged her up the stairs and down the hall, listening to her soft giggles the entire way.

They effortlessly slipped into the bedroom without being detected. Chris quickly locked the door before turning back to Carmen.

She quirked an eyebrow at him. "You're really serious about this, aren't you?"

"I am," he nodded. "This is all I've wanted for as long as I can remember."

"Isn't that sweet," Carmen gushed as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "Come here. I wanna cuddle."

Chris couldn't say no to her, he couldn't resist her. He smiled as he pressed a quick kiss to her lips, then crawled on the bed. Carmen didn't waste any time when she laid next to him, looking up at him as she snuggled into his side.

She absolutely loved this side of Chris, she would never deny that.

"This is perfect," Chris muttered.

"It is," Carmen agreed. "How do you see our future, or what do you want in the future?"

Chris hummed softly, "Definitely a ring on your finger. Another baby, maybe two? I don't know. Summer vacations to Disney Land and Boston." He grinned, "Showing off my family at premieres. Coming home to you after filming would be amazing. Honestly, as long as your in my life, I'd be happy."

"You're a sappy meatball," she giggled, "But you're my sappy meatball. Sweetheart, all of that amazing, like our own little fairytale."

"Gives me another reason to call you my princess," he smirked playfully.

Carmen rolled her eyes, "Whatever. I love you, Captain."

Chris leaned over, kissing her temple. "I love you too, my princess."