thirty four.

real life.

CHRIS STARED AT himself in the mirror in Anna's room, seeing that she let him get for his date in there

CHRIS STARED AT himself in the mirror in Anna's room, seeing that she let him get for his date in there. He focused on the buttons, making sure they looked decent as he buttoned up the suit jacket. He could hear Carmen and Bridget conversing in the other, he wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but when he heard Carmen's sweet voice his heart fluttered.

"You look hot!" Anna exclaimed, adding to the conversation. "He is so going to ask you!"

Involuntarily, his lips turned to grin. He was planning on asking her— he wanted to be able to say that she was his girlfriend. Granted, it'd been just two months since they began talking, but they came a long way, and no one made him feel like this.

"I doubt it," Carmen sighed, and Chris' smile dropped into a frown. Of course, it made him sad to hear that she thought that. "But if he does, I'd definitely say yes."

And just like that, he grinned once more. Chris ran his fingers through his hair before turning to the door. His hand laid on the doorknob as he took a deep breath. His mouth fell agape as he opened the door, and Carmen stood in a red satin dress with her back to him.

"Princess," the words fell from his lips like he was breathless. Carmen turned around, her cheeks turning pink as she smiled. "You are perfectly gorgeous."

Bridget laughed behind her mother, "Chris Evans, setting the bar impossibly high for every other guy."

Chris stepped out of the doorway and held his palm out flat. With a shy smile, Carmen placed her hand on his but then squealing when Chris pulled her towards him. He ducked his head, kissing her cheek softly.

And as if it was possible, Carmen was blushing even more.

"I don't have words for you, Carmen Holkien. You're just absolutely stunning."

After a few moments, cute moments according to Bridget who wouldn't stop fangirling that the Chris Evans was taking her mother on a date.

Chris held his arm out for her, watching as Carmen looped her arm around his. Bidding farewells, they left the apartment and letting their nerves fray at the thought of their first date.

Despite the nerves though, the two giggled the whole way down and to the car. Like a gentleman, Chris held the passenger door open.

"Thanks, Captain." Carmen smiled, winking at him.

Excitement was the main emotion that Carmen was feeling as she watched Chris rush around to the other side of the car. A giggle slipped from her red painted lips as Chris opened the car after nearly falling.

"Princess," Chris grinned, holding his hand out for hers, and gently pulling her up.

Carmen smiled, "Captain."

Chris let go of her hand briefly, watching as he shut the car door then returned his attention back to her. He was determined to make this all about her tonight, and nothing was stopping that as he slipped his arm around her waist.

His hand wrapped around the door handle, pulling the glass open and letting his girl walk through first. Which had earned him an appreciative smile from her.

"Name please," the man in the fancy suit had requested, not even fazed that the Chris Evans was standing in front of him.

"Evans," Chris replied, laying his hand on the small of Carmen's back. He loved the thought that she was here with him, and he liked to keep her under his touch to make sure that she was real, and honestly, all his touches were innocent.

The man looked up, shaking his head at the couple. "I'm sorry. There's no Evans on the list."

"Try Holkien," Carmen smiled softly, keeping her polite attitude towards the young man.

"There's no Holkien either, I'm terribly sorry, and all of our tables are full at the moment."

Chris couldn't help the frown that came to his lips as he nodded. Carmen kept the smile, "Don't worry about. I'm sorry to waste your time, but thank you."

Though Chris was visibly a little upset that this hadn't gone to plan, Carmen gently took his hand and lead him out. Once outside in the chilly air, Carmen looked up at him and kissed his cheek, hoping that'll cheer him up some.

Chris sighed softly, "That sorta sucks."

"Maybe," Carmen shrugged, "But there's a pizza place just a couple blocks away."

A soft chuckle fell from Chris' lips as he smiled down at her. "For some reason, that sounds a whole lot better than some fancy restaurant."

Chris watched as Carmen leaned down, taking off her heels and carried them as she started down the sidewalk. He couldn't help the grin on his face as he followed her. Something told him this was supposed to happen for something better.

Carmen peeked her head back, seeing Chris a few feet behind her. "Better hurry up, lover boy." She smirked.

She laughed at some lame joke he told, and he realized how beautiful her laugh was. It was a wonderful night as the two sat at the parlor, an hour after finishing a whole pizza between the two, just talking about anything.

"Is it bad that I really want to kiss you?" Chris asked suddenly, but quietly.

Carmen's lips tightened into a smile as she tried to hide her blushing cheek. She shrugged, "I guess not. Depends on your intentions."

"Just a stolen kiss, and nothing else," he whispered.

Her melted at his words, staring up at him. Without faltering, she spoke softly. "Then kiss me, I guess."

Chris couldn't stop the nervousness climbing up in his throat as he stared at the girl, switching glances between her eyes and her lips. It was slow, as he leaned in and his hands gently cupped her face, her hand softly resting on the back of his neck. Once their lips met, his eyes closed and his heart squeezed, getting a feeling he's never had before, and something told him that she wasn't like the other women he's dated.

The kiss was short, but neither minded as they pulled back from slightly, only their foreheads resting on each other. Again, Carmen was trying to fight the blush that lingered on her cheeks.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Carmen? This— us, it feels amazing and honestly, I don't want to let you go."

Carmen giggled, "Yes, Chris."