Chapter 2: Amethyst

• -Ollie- •

Mother always said love was special, something to hold and caress 'till the end of your days. Father always said when I meet the girl I'd know, I'd just know it was her. They both said she'd be amazing and beautiful and would make my heart pound and melt all at once. I couldn't wait for it.

Father said if she was anything like mom then I'd be lucky but being in a sea full of people and girls and all of them looking the same and sending me the same irritated look it was difficult to even believe there was someone there for me, someone to cherish with all my heart.

Everyone here was the same, even the guys were the same. It was like everyone had a uniform they wore underneath their outfits, everyone had the same set of genes in their cells but the truth is they were all different but somehow they were all the same, except the girl sat in the corner.

I've heard rumors of her just being this psycho loser. I've heard rumors of her being this crazy witch with her brown unruly hair. I've heard rumors of her just being a loser that sat in the library alone. Yet somehow every time I look at her I felt like it was a blessing, I felt my heart beat just the slightest bit faster, I felt as though I heard a symphony, I felt like the air got a little sweeter to breathe.

My eyes were focused on the small, petit girl sat alone. Her dark chocolate hair was so thick it just made me want to brush my hand through it and feel the strands glide against my sweaty fingers. Her deep brown eyes were so big and adorable I just want to stare at them all day. She was quite the sight to look at, it made my heart pound.

"Ollie, would you at least look at me." Fay groaned, making me frown and let a soft grunt escape my closed lips. "I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean to hit you, but she was staring right at you, anyway. You wouldn't have wanted her to find out, now, would you?"

My eyes widen at her suggestion, immediately flicking away from Opal and to her. My head shakes repeatedly as I feel my heart thunder against my chest, wanting an escape route.

Fay chuckles. "Good, so you forgive me?"

My teeth sink into my bottom lip as I hesitantly nod. "Okay."

"But I could, I mean, talk to her-"

"No, no, no. Ollie says no," I childishly whine, my voice stretching out from the distaste and lack of trust I had in her. My eyes are hard and are set on her sea green ones.

"You've been crushing on this girl for two years let me at least talk to her for you," Fay whined, her pale nail-polished-hand placed on my arm.

"No, no, Ollie no want," I mumble, my eyes flicking back to focus on the brunette seated in the corner with her earbuds in her ears, ignoring everyone in the room, without any lunch in front of her.

"Ollie, I know I'm gay but I'm not gonna take your girl from you if she sat with us." Fay chuckled, her hand going off my arm to tug on a strand of her black hair, a few red bits joining the bundle.

"Ollie knows," I whine in annoyance making her giggle, thankfully her giggles die down when she sees the glare I'm giving her.

"Okay, fine. But you've been watching her since like two years now and you haven't ever even talked to her," Fay argues. "You've been crushing on a girl you don't even know."

"Ollie knows Opal. He knows Opal only like skittles no smarties, Ollie likes smarties." I giggle, feeling amused by that information. "He knows she, um, she... she standing up," my eyes watch as Opal stands from her seat, her hands clutching the hem of her jumper, my eyes admiring the look and length of her long brown hair that's cascading down her back, the strands fluttering like a butterfly's wings.

"She's probably just going to the bathroom. No need to fret."

I watched her exit the cafeteria, the open doors showing her walking up a flight of stairs. A crease forms between my eyebrows, the bathrooms are downstairs.

"Or the library. Anyways, how was your summer? You said you were going to speech therapy."

"I no go. Momma could not afford," I mumble sadly.

"Aww, I'm sorry."

I sigh, exasperated. "Ollie okay. No need. Opal would not like Ollie with or without a-autism," I mumble sadly, feeling the thickness in my throat rise.

"Don't say that. She's very nice. I'm sure she'd love you if you only talked to her."

"B-but Ollie can't," I argue frustratedly.

"Then I will. Ollie, she sits alone without anyone. We can at least help her." Fay stares at me, her sea green eyes set on my brown ones.

"Um, tomorrow." With the fast pounding of my heart and my newly found clammy hands I knew I'd be a mess tomorrow. There's no way I'd be able to talk to her and stare at her pretty eyes without making an absolute fool of myself.

"Yeah, okay, tomorrow." Fay smirks in victory as she dips her spoon in her chocolate pudding before stuffing it in her mouth.

"Where- where Neil?" I ask, trying to change the subject but the thickness I feel in my throat still shows as I clear my throats in attempt to remove it.

"I think he's trying to butter up our French teacher so he at least won't get detentions from her for the rest of the year. God help the rest of his teachers." I hum in reply though my brain is still on the fact Opal is going to be sitting with us tomorrow, my heart still pounds at just the thought.

A/N

I'm sorry for the late post. I know I'm normally up to date with my posting and stuff but I was busy with my new school and I'm also trying to learn the guitar so it's all difficult at the moment but I'm trying because I have so much I want to make of this book but for it to be good it has to take time.

Anyways, how was your guys' 'back to school' going? I really want to know and we can all have a rant and discuss in the comments.

Don't forget to vote and comment.