Chapter 13: Actinolite

• -Opal- •

Something in me just had enough of all of this. I was sick of waking up everyday and going to the one place I despised up until I met Ollie, but just because he made it tolerable didn't mean everything else was alright at least not anymore.

So when Anika yelled curses at me and made her posse laugh at her idiotic jokes I told her it was enough bewildering her and her group with the fact that I can talk for once. Although my sudden bravery came out, still it seemed as nothing for them as Anika persuaded one of the guys to grab my arms as she both hurled insults and pushed me off my balance and onto the ground, the rest of them seeming a bit shocked to see how far she's gone.

It all happened so fast I could barely process any of it until I found myself sprawled out on the cold floor of the hallway only feeling the intolerable pain of having multiple punches thrown at you.

"You thought you can finally stand up to us and humiliate us like that, you little slut." Her voice was all I could her besides the sound of what her fists made when it came in contact with me.

Before I know it Anika is pushed off of me and a warm hand, that at first makes me flinch, caresses my cheeks and is wiping any traces of tears away from my eyes.

I hear a feminine voice sneer and command the people around to go back to wherever they came from. The last thing I see before my head lulls to the side is Ollie's worried filled face right in front mine.

•••••

All I can hear is a constant beat sound about every second. The sound of a far away chatter and my steady breathing mixing into the noise. I peeled my eyes open to see a harsh brightness invade my sight making me flinch before slowly getting used to it but never fully. Every room I've ever been in was either too bright or to dim for my eyes, I've never seen things for what they truly were.

Turning my head slowly I see my mom her head in her hands not making a sound, her hair for the first time being a complete mess. Just that one thing set my whole body in unease.

"Mom, are you okay?" She raises her head, her tear-stricken face contorts into shock and a loud gasp leaves.

Before I have a chance to saw anything she's out the door calling the doctor and he enters with her right behind, looking very nervous and relieved all at once.

He comes in a clip-board in his hand and wearing the white lab coat on. He starts doing a quick routine check up before saying I'm all good and there wasn't anything wrong with me.

"Sweetheart, I'm so happy you're okay," My mother whispers still in shock that I'm okay.

"How long have I been out?" My croaky voice asks.

"A couple hours." I furrow my eyebrows, I wasn't sure if what I happened was enough for me to need to go to the doctors but I knew why my mom took me here. After Dad she would ever risk anything to happen to me, even if she knows I'm okay she always said there wasn't anything wrong with Just getting a check up. So I don't comment nor ask why I'm here I already knew.

She quickly comes over to me kissing my forehead before softly pushing me back down to lay down from my sitting position.

"Why didn't you tell me you and Anika weren't in good terms? I don't want you going with her ever again. You may have been friends all your lives but you don't need someone like-"

"I know. I know. I haven't been going with since like two years now, Mom." The look on her face show how confused she was at this new found information.

"You've just woken up and must be tired but when we get home I want you to tell me everything. I am done with this never talking. You haven't told me anything real for years now and I miss talking to my beautiful daughter. We are going to skip school tomorrow and I'll get someone to cover my shift at the salon and we will go shopping."

"Okay. I missed you too Mom." I smile as she caresses my cheek and flattens my hair, not even noticing her messy hair whereas any other time she'd be stressed out beyond belief if just a strand was out of place.

"I'll go tell your friend you're okay and he can go. He's been here since the afternoon and it's close to midnight. He must be tired. Such a sweet boy," my mom mumbles, already getting up.

"What? Who's here?" I ask bewildered that someone would stay this long.

"He said his name was Ollie and he was a friend of yours." She goes to walk out but I call out for her.

"Wait tell him to come in. I want to thank him."

My mom smiles with a knowing look, making my insides blush but I make sure it hide what I felt because if she knew that I may have a crush on him she'd never stop talking about it.

She soon leaves and in seconds Ollie is rushing in. His hair is a complete mess and looks to have been tugged on repeatedly for hours. He seems to completely replace when he sees me and smiles his breathtaking smile.

"Hi," he whispers, like if he talked any louder everything might shatter around us. "Opal okay?"

"Yeah, I'm much better now." I smile at him.

"Good. Ollie was worried... that... that you not be okay. Ollie was scared. Opal fainted," he confesses.

"I'm okay now, I promise. Thanks to you."

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. My conversation thing for the messages doesn't work for some reason some reason. I just wanted to apologize for the lack of updates. I just don't have as much time as I used to and when I do I find myself not in the headspace for it. I'd also like to apologize for not proofreading this before posting it. I hope you enjoyed it though. I love you guys. Have a nice day.