Chapter 9: Agate

• -Opal- •

I am lazily sprawled out on my bed

I am lazily sprawled out on my bed. My thoughts still on the same thing for years. I just could never shake the feeling of guilt off of me.

It has been three years and I still have yet to forgive myself. Mother would be so disappointed if she knew what I did. I am the worst daughter in the world to both my parents.

My heart lurches as the memory replays in my head and now I was full-on bawling in tears. My hand was pressed against my mouth holding in any noise that would hiccuped out of my mouth. Wet, hot tears slipping down my cheeks endlessly. Those two small rivers on my cheeks seemed like they would never leave.

The painful soda in my chest finally exploded. Someone has been shaking it for years non-stop and now it has finally exploded. All the pain dripping down the sides of the small insecure bottle. I have finally erupted, silently.

I could no longer stay. The longer I think the more I seem to fill up. My guilty limbs pull themselves up off the bed and drag themselves down the hallway past everything I've prisoned myself beside and out the door. I seem to walk for five minutes, my brain too occupied with my surroundings to think about my original thoughts although I knew I could never escape them.

I haven't let myself cry that hard after the funeral and I am going to keep to that.

I walk surrounded completely by everything that is supposed to feel normal but it feels like I am inside a horribly drawn painting. Everything seemed unreal. How could everything still function when I have been on pause for years on end.

The neighbors are mowing their lawn. Little kids running around playing tag. Dogs and their owners playing frisbee. Everything was just normal, the way they should be, and that's what makes this hard to believe it's real.

Soon houses are replaced with greenery. Trees, grass, plants, and vines all around me. And that painting seems to feel a little more like reality, I think as I take a seat on a log.

A lonely tear slips down my cheek as I realize I can't run away from my own thoughts, they are trapped inside of me and I will never escape them. A sob leaves next before let myself slip of the log and on the crunchy leaves in a heap of tears and a burning feeling in my chest all comes out of me.

I can't even imagine what I must look like, but I've walked quite a distance away from everything that crying does not seem like a sin anymore because somehow and somewhere I knew that I deserved this and he should be here instead.

The sound of leaves crunching spikes in my ears. My head snaps up.

There Ollie stood, his eyes wide and terrified. It takes him a second to get back into reality whereas I was still frozen like a video on pause.

"Opal's not okay," his delicate voice says mostly to himself.

He takes a few sacred steps forward as I stare up at him like I am suddenly stood on a stage in front of thousands of people. He was so graceful as he crouched to sit beside me, his hands reach up and delicately, almost painful, sit on my cheeks. His thumbs removing the traces of tears from beneath my eyes.

"Ollie, what are you doing here?" I ask in hoarse voice.

"I was just out," he says softly. "Why is Opal so sad?"

A/N

Okay, this is a short but big chapter in the story. I hope you enjoyed this and are excited to see the upcoming chapters. A lot more are going to come especially since the holidays are here for me, hopefully yours are too. Anyway I'd just like to mention that I have this really new channel I made it is not good and I am well aware of that but if you guys would also like to be YouTube buddies then please check out my bio and you'll find it there, you don't have to it is fine. I hope all of you have an incredible day and holidays. Don't forget to vote and leave your ideas in the comments.

Why do you think she is so sad?

What do you think will happen next?

Do you think she will open up to him yet Or...?