Chapter 28: Lapis Lazuli

• -Ollie- •

I heard my phone ring from the couch of the living room. Making me automatically think it's Opal and get up from my chair before realizing how rude that was, from the look Mom gives me, and sit back down.

"May Ollie... please be excused," I ask Mom and Dad, sitting in my chair next to Dad.

"You've barely touched your plate, sweetie," Mom says softly.

"I'm not hungry."

"Is it that girl again?" Dad asks.

"Ollie doesn't know... Phone just ringing."

"Okay, just be quick." As soon as Dad says those words I'm up and hurrying to my phone with Opal's name on it that stops ringing.

I redial quickly before hearing the rings start. She picks up right after one ring and I smile brightly as I hear her voice again.

"Hi, Ollie," Opal says, her voice sounding lighter than better and more relaxed than she's ever been.

"Hi. Ollie was at the table, sorry for miss the... call." I can't help but feel nervous, I've never enjoyed phone calls before. I've always had anxiety over it but with Fay always doing everything over call I've gotten slightly over it, but this is new to do with Opal.

"Oh, no. Don't be sorry. I'm sorry for calling you at this time. I could call later after you finish dinner. I honestly don't mind," she says with clear sincerity.

"No, no, Ollie can talk," I say, starting to walk towards my room for somewhat privacy.

"Okay. So how're you feeling?" she asks, sounding really concerned.

"Ollie is good. Why?" I can't help but ask as I finally reach my room and shut the door behind me.

"You've been out for the majority of the day, Ollie. I'm just concerned."

"Oh okay. Well, Ollie is good," I say as I fall on my back on the bed.

"I'm really glad. I really am sorry for how I treated you too. It wasn't okay and don't say it is."

"Ollie won't, but Ollie forgives... you." I really wish this isn't happening over call, I can feel my heart beating so fast.

"Thank you, Ollie. And I took your advice by the way. Told my mom everything." I sit up from my bed, a smile sitting on my face. She's so brave, I thought she wouldn't do it from her reaction to when I suggested it.

"How did it go?" I ask, the anxiousness being forgotten for the time being.

"It went well. Honestly, Ollie, I would not have been able to do it without you. Thank you." Her voice holds nothing but sincerity and warms my heart knowing my advice has been taken into consideration and that it actually helped her.

"Ollie is so glad. Was so worried you wouldn't and just keep it all in. This is good for Opal. So good."I smile feeling somewhat proud.

"Thank you, Ollie," she says, almost saying something else too but she stops herself.

__________________

Opal and I talk for awhile longer before I have to go because my parents were calling. Now I'm sat with my parents watching a new movie that came out in our living room. 

Dad is sitting next to Mom with his arm around her shoulders, holding her tight. Whilst I'm sitting beside them, thinking of Opal.

The way a sparkle in her eyes managed to return, the way she seemed just brighter as if some light was shed upon her. She is all in all just different in the best way possible. She just seemed much happier than I've ever seen her be. 

I love her, I can't help but think. Just that thought makes butterflies fill my stomach. I just want her right now in my arms. I really hope she feels at least a fraction of what I do because I know I can give her a lot. Or at least I'd make sure to give her what she needs and wants. Even if she just needs me to be her friend and that's it. Then I will be just that for her.

A/N

I really hope you liked this. I'm sorry it's short but having to write a whole chapter in one day is sort of difficult. Please tell me what you think of this chapter because I think I'm going to keep this every after day thing going and it really helps seeing you comments. They give me so much motivation.

Please don't forget to vote, share and just leave your thoughts.

Next chapter will come out  on Tuesday or possibly Wednesday because I'm traveling soon and I want to give myself time to pack and get ready and do this as well.