Chapter 29: Kunzite

• -Opal- •

Waking up, the light spilled in for once was tolerable and I did not fantasies of going back to sleep. I pull my still tired body out of bed and into the hallway before entering the bathroom right by my room.

I showered and basked in it's heat, washing away everything of the days before. There's still a heavy weight of grief on my shoulders, but the weight has practically diminished into nothing.

Getting out of the shower, I continue to get ready, before getting back to my room and getting dressed properly. I can already hear Mom in the kitchen making us breakfast, making me only hungrier.

I haven't felt a need this strong for eating before and all I wanted at this point is to eat everything Mom's made. She's one of the best cooks to exist, I believe.

Finishing getting ready, I exit my room. I walk steadily towards the kitchen. Reaching the doorway, I find Mom putting a plate of eggs and bacon. I smile to her, while taking the other plate and putting it in front of me, no where near being centered. Mom reaches out to fix it and I only just watch.

"Mom, I think you should try therapy too. Not everything has to be this perfect and centered." I can't help the need to say that. She needs to let this go. It's okay for things to be out of order and a bit messy.

"I-I." She clears her throat. "I'll think about it."

"Okay. That's all I want." She kisses my forehead, before taking a seat across from me.

Mom and I eat while slightly talking about how things are going, specifically about Ollie. The scarlet hue of my cheeks gives it all away and I can't help but to only turn redder when Mom points it out.

"You like him, don't you?" she asks, a hidden smile on her lips.

"Mom," I whine. "This is too awkward. Just leave it."

She chuckles into her hand. "I've always liked him, you know. He's much better than any of the other boys you've talked about growing up."

"I know," I say quietly, just wanting this conversation to end. But I can't ignore the fact that I did want to continue talking about him endlessly and I did enjoy talking with Mom.

We finish breakfast, and I give Mom a kiss on the cheek, telling her I'll be going out. I leave the house, walking across the street towards the house, containing the only person I've ever truly loved in a romantic way.

I finally reach up the steps of his house and press the doorbell, patiently waiting for someone to open the door. After a couple seconds, I hear shuffling before seeing the door open.

A tall, broad man opens the door, his face aging slightly with smile lines around his lips. Like Ollie his hair is dark brown. He looks handsome for his age.

"Hi, there. Are you Opal, Ollie's friend?" he asks, halting my breathing.

"Yeah, I am." I smile, blushing, feeling so flattered that he already knew me because of Ollie. "I came to see Ollie."

"He's in his room, upstairs to the right." He smiles in a way that looked like I passed an unknown test, before making room for me to enter and going into the kitchen.

I smile walking in through the door and letting it fall shut behind me before going up the stairs, making my way to Ollie's room.

Looking at his door, I knock a soft knock. "Come in," a soft voice says.

Opening the door, I find him laying on his back and a book in his hands. He lays down the book, now smiling, and sits up.

"Hi," he says simply, but looking like endless thoughts were running around in his head.

"Hi. I'm sorry I didn't call. I- oh god. I'm sorry. I really wasn't thinking," I say and before I can go on, he stops me.

"It's okay. This... this is a really nice surprise for Ollie." He smiles. "Sit with Ollie."

I shuffle more in and before I can get far enough from the door he says, "Close it. Ollie doesn't like open doors." He shakes his head as if it's the worst thing. Looking at his large eyes and his messy hair, I can tell he isn't just trying to get me alone. With Ollie I just know he wouldn't care about that as much as he cares about me.

I softly swing the door shut and walk over to the bed. Slowly, I sit next to him. My thoughts automatically think about grabbing his hand, that's right next to mine, but I refrain.

Looking at his eyes, I just knew he's the one I want. In way more ways than just wanting the attention of having a boyfriend. I want him for everything he is. The way he cares about me. The way he looks at me. The way he always makes sure I'm safe. And the way he loves me.

"Ollie is glad you talked to your-"

I can't help but kiss him. I'm not good with words and just talking with people, but he's looked past it all. The fluttering of my heart and the butterflies in my stomach leave tingles behind.

His large, soft hands place themselves on the curve of my hip, softly grabbing at my sides, a soft groan leaving his lips. I slowly try and sit on my legs, trying to not speed this up too much but it seems like he's already too far gone.

He pulls me into him. His arms going around me, to keep me where I am. The feeling of his lips on mine, have me almost breathless, but I still manage to speak.

"I love you so much," I whisper against his lips making him halt all his movements before melting into me more.

"So does Ollie."

A/N

I'm going to need to ask you on how you'd like to see this book end. I'm in love with them and I really want their ending to be exactly what you guys want to see. So please leave some ideas for me to look through and get inspired by.

Also, I'm in Ireland for a few days! Do I have any readers from or live in Ireland? I'm so curious.

Please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! They're the best.