Chapter 26: Clear Quartz

• -Ollie- •

After entering Fay's room I was so overwhelmed by the amount of excitement Fay held at me meeting Rosalyn. It was really hard to keep down a laugh at seeing her so smitten by someone, but at the same time it made me proud and so happy because she was too.

Rosalyn was probably more terrified than I was at meeting someone knew and that made me realize we might have at least something in common. I sat with them as we watched a new movie that came out on Fay's laptop. Afterwards Fay reminded me of the crying I did on the phone with her, which made me sad again.

By the end of the long and vague rambling about what happened with Opal, because I knew it was very personal to Opal and I didn't want to tell her secret to everyone. Fay was surprisingly so helpful in giving me advice and making me feel less like I did something wrong and made me realize Opal was just overwhelmed and is dealing with a lot so I should not take it to heart. They both then told me to go visit her soon and that's exactly what I was doing.

Right now I'm stood in front of her front door, a small daisy in my hand from the same neighbors I keep stealing roses from. The things I do for this girl.

I knock twice on the door before patiently waiting for her or her mother to answer. Suddenly, I hear feet padding against the floorboards and the door is swiftly pulled open. A hopefully Ms Adams opens the door before her facing starts losing color.

"W-what's wrong? Is... Is Opal okay?" I ask, fearing the answer.

"I have no idea where she is. I thought she was with you. I was just about to call your mother. She said she'd be home late so I went to bed before her, but she's not home. Do you have any idea where she might be?" she rambles, the fear in her eyes so evident and so raw that I'm scared for a moment of what could happen to Opal overnight.

I reach for my phone as I shake my head no, the daisy now laying on the welcome mat beside me. "Ollie give her a call."

"I tried. She's not picking up." She sighs frustratedly. "Ollie stay here or go back home. I'm going to drive around and try to find her."

I watch her step outside closing the door behind her.

"No, Ollie come with," I say stubbornly. If anything happened to Opal in her already vulnerable state I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

"Ollie-" she tries to reason with me before I cut her off.

"If it's Opal then Ollie will not just sit around," I say, before walking ahead of her to her own car. The same one Opal and I road to school in.

_____________

"Ollie, we've went to at least seven places, where could she be?" Even though Ms Adams tried to look okay, I can see her eyes losing hope and gaining fear instead.

"Ollie really thought she was playing PAC-MAN. Where is she?" I ask, but only to myself.

We've been driving around and sitting in this looking around for what felt like more than two hours. I'm starting to get so fearful for where she may be.

A thought comes to mind of where she might be, but I push it away. No way would she be there. She's never mentioned herself ever going there. But her going there, does seem to make sense. One thing for sure, she needs to see him. Maybe be not right now, but what if she did go there.

____________________

After driving around to a couple of places she might be, the thought comes again. It is the only thing that makes sense at this point.

"W-what if Opal is with... is with Opal f-father?" I ask, somewhat ashamed if mentioning him would evoke an unwanted memory, because it is her husband I am talking about.

Opal's mother is quiet for a moment before saying, "I had that thought too, but I don't like the thought of her alone in a graveyard all night."

She suddenly takes an unexpected turn and we're now driving towards the graveyard.

Oh, Opal.

_____________

Pulling up to a stop in front of the large gates, Ms Adams pulls out her car keys and I unbuckle my seatbelt. Opening my door I am in a hurry to see if the one person I've ever loved or will love is inside. I need to make sure she's alright.

"Ollie will be right back," I say so she knows I'm not just ditching and start speed walking inside.

First thing I see is a large graveyard unkempt and a mix of brown and grey. It looked so sad. But I shake away the thought and focus on the real task at hand. Opal.

Skimming my eyes all over, I see a very scarce amount of people here, but there are some. I start nearing the first line of headstones and look for the girl with long brown hair.

At the far back, I see a girl has fallen asleep against one specific headstone and start walking towards her. My feet knowing who it is long before even I realize.

"Opal!" I can't help but yell, happy that I've found her but also really upset of the predicament she's in.

I see her start to wake up at my voice, making me realize I really was loud, some people even turning towards me but I didn't care. Opal is here and she is okay.

Her eyes connect with mine immediately and the look in her eyes of something so pure and heartwarming has me running faster. Opal suddenly gets up, the dirt on her jeans and long-sleeved shirt not being cared about as she hurries herself towards me.

When I finally get to her, arms wide for a hug that she immediately snuggles herself into, she does one better and seals our lips in a kiss.

The butterflies in my stomach going haywire and I can't seem to get hold of this moment. She is the best thing that's ever happened to me. She makes me feel loved.

A/N

I hope all you wonderful people enjoyed this. This book is nearing it's end really quickly and I hope you've enjoyed it's everything. It really means a lot to me that you've read and enjoyed this book. I really wanted to write something that's sweet but also shows what depression really is and I think I did just that.

Please don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts on this chapter. I reply to most of the comments so yours will definitely be read.