Possibly the best gift

-peters POV-

"Yeah I don't know what happened but it was hilarious!" Y/N giggled.

I swear, the craziest things always happened around Y/N, it's so weird. But I couldn't stop staring at her as she giggled. Her bright blue eyes lit up when she smiled. Her natural curls bounced when she spoke, and her horrible puns inspired my pun t-shirt collection. I've loved her since the 6th grade. But I don't think I could ever tell her. She's out of my league and would never like me back.

***

I brushed back my hair and straightened out my shirt. I looked back at the clock which read, 5:30pm, I still had 30 minutes. I pulled out my gift for Y/N and grabbed the wrapping paper I had found sitting in a storage closet. I was going to give Y/N a necklace for her birthday. On the tiny silver necklace was her birth stone.

But I also got her something else, I got Y/N two plane tickets to Portland, Oregon. So she could visit her friends back home. My aunt may walked in and stared at my gifts and the wrapping paper.

"Peter, do you really expect to wrap a necklace and two tickets?"

"Well, yeah" Aunt May rolled her eyes and handed me a small bag to put my presents in.
"Use this bag, and next time, use your brain as well." She teased.

I placed the two tickets at the bottom of the bag, then stacked some paper on top. Then I put in the necklace, and layered some more paper to cover it. I wanted Y/N to see the necklace first, then the tickets. Her parents already knew my plan to take her to Oregon and approved. I was going to give her my present in private.

-Your POV-

I had finally finished my book, a mango shaped space, that I planned on reading in only one day. I was successful. After all, it was quite the easy read. I got it from Peter in 7th grade because he knew about my synesthesia. I didn't like talking about it because people would make fun of me or think I'm crazy. But Peter believed me. As I went to put my book away I heard the doorbell ring, Peter was here. I quickly ran to the mirror to make sure I looked good. Nothing in my teeth, check. Hair is correctly parted, check. Hair isn't too frizzy, check. My breath doesn't smell too bad, check. I turned around and looked over my shoulder, my butt doesn't look too bad either.

As I walked towards my bedroom door it immediately opened,
"What's up! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see you after school, I was in a hurry." Peter apologized.
"No worries, how'd you do on your chemistry test?" I asked.
"Aced it." Peter grinned from ear to ear.
"See! What did I tell you Parker?"
"So I'm assuming you did good as well?"
"100%"
"Nice!" I heard laughter and chatting downstairs and was just about to suggest we go down when my LOVELY brother Mike decided to yell,
"Y/N. GET YOU AND YOUR BOYFRIEND DOWN HERE! STOP KISSING ITS TIME FOR DINNERRRR." My face instantly turned bright red, Peter turned around so I couldn't see his reaction. I ran out the door and down the stairs, ready to strangle mike,
"MICHEAL WE ARENT DAT-" a strong hand stopped me from tackling my brother.
"Y/N, Micheal, can we please have a nice dinner with no bickering?" My dad politely suggested. I sighed but continued to glare at Mike, just so he knows that I'm not finished.

***

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Y/N, Happy birthday to you. AND MANY MORE!" My family lazily sung. They set in front of me a cookie cake, instead of a cake, since I'm not a huge fan of actual cake.
"Make a wish!" Aunt May said. I closed my eyes and wished for a few things. I wished that Peter would like me back, I wished that I would stop being teased at school, I wished that I could find out the truth from my birth-parents, I wish I had a more loving family (besides my mom), and I wished I could join Spider-Man and save lives with him. I blew out the candles.

"What'd you wish?" My sister Carlee asked. She narrowed her eyes, waiting for me to say something stupid.
"Well that would defeat the purpose of a wish, wouldn't it?" Peter added politely. Carlee thought about it for a second and shrugged.
"I still don't get it." She continued to Snapchat her friends. Peter turned to me and I rolled my eyes. Carlee likes to think she knows it all.
"So Y/N, how's high school been so far?" Madelyn asked. Madelyn was my older sister, she wasn't around the house anymore because of college. Madelyn and my mother were the only members of my family that treated me nicely, so it broke my heart when Madelyn left the house.
"It's ok I guess. Not as exciting as they say." I replied.
"Yeah but wait till senior year, it's always the best year of high school."
"Well that's 3 years away." I groaned.
"Just make the most of it!" She suggested. If only she knew how horrible my high school experience was going. But I played along with it.

Pretty soon everyone excused themselves from the table and went to play badminton in the backyard. I was just about to join when I felt Peter grab my hand and turn me around. It was just me and Peter in the kitchen. Alone. I blushed.
"I almost forgot." Peter turned around and pulled out a small bag from underneath the table.
"Your present." He smiled.
"Why thank you." I took the present, began to throw out the paper, and revealed a beautiful necklace. It was a tiny silver chain with my birthstone on it as a charm, yellow topaz.
"Awe, peter, it's so pretty!" I hugged peter and thanked him once again.
"But, there's still something else in the bag." Peter told me. I grabbed the bag, threw out the paper, and saw two plane tickets. I picked up the tickets and read it closely, I gasped,
"Portland, Oregon?" I felt tears forming in my eyes. I couldn't believe I was going to see my childhood friends again!
"Does this mean?" I asked.
"We're going to visit Kayla!" I jumped up and down and squeezed peter to death.
"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!" I couldn't stop crying and cheering and hugging Peter. This was why I had a crush on him, this was why I loved and cared for him so much.

Not to mention, this was possibly the best gift I've ever received.