I. Know. Everything.

The middle aged man walked by our table but accidentally bumped into it, causing the note I forgot to put away to fall.

He looked at the paper and read it as his eyes grew wide. He looked at me and slammed his hand on the table,
"I thought I was being overly suspicious, where in the name of hell did you get this note?" He demanded. My eyes widened and without hesitation I replied,
"None of your business sir." He grunted and continued to ramble.
"I've been listening to every damn word of your conversation. I know you're adopted. I know you can 'do things'. I know you're getting kicked out of the house. And I know you work with Tony Stark!" He said as he held up the ID I also forgot to put away.

I gulped and couldn't find words. "Just tell me where you got the damn note and we won't have an issue."
"Fr-from my birthm-m-mother." I stuttered.
"Now, what are these 'things' you can do?"
"What things?" I lied.

The man pulled out an FBI badge and began to speak,
"I've been secretly partnering up with the Avengers in order to find the woman who wrote this note's daughter, and I have a strong feeling that it's you." I looked over at peter who has been speechless the entire time.
"Why the avengers?" I asked.
"Because who else would recruit a girl with mind controlling powers?...How do I know that you would have powers? Because there is no other way you could've survived that birth. Your mother was on drugs when she was pregnant, you're either dead or crazy."
"W-well I guess I'm crazy." I stuttered.
"I'm going to need a blood sample."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can't just a-" peter was interrupted once he finally spoke up.
"Shut up spider-boy, I'm here to do good, it ain't gon kill her."
"How do you know I'm-"
"I. Know. Everything."

Poor peter couldn't even get a sentence in. "So now you know you can trust me, I knew all along, and I've never told anyone. Because frankly, I don't care." His thick southern accent and tobacco scent may have been intimidating. He had a strong presence that sent cold shivers down your spine, but I began to trust him. I nodded my head and spoke,
"Okay. You can have a blood sample."
"Perfect. By the way, there's a strong chance that the person who's adopting you happens to be your birth dad." He winked.

What. How does he- you know what, he knows everything. But how does he know everything? Who's adopting me? Who is my father? I never thought about him until now.

"Who is he?" I stood up out of my chair, ready to pounce.
"You'll find out tonight." He rolled his eyes.
"Why do you have to be so rude and intimidating?" Peter finally asked.
"How else do I get information out of someone?" The agent responded.
"Fair point." Peter added.
"Well, if you're gonna get this blood sample you'll have to do it quick, we have school." I mentioned. The agent looked at his watch and agreed.