A possible Avenger

-next morning-

I woke up with two strong arms wrapped around my waist, I turned around to find that the arms belonged to Peter, peacefully sleeping. I attempted to get up and go to the bathroom, but peter refused and pulled me back down.
"Just stay here with me a little longer." He mumbled with his morning voice. I forcibly decided to stay with Peter, feeling each breath he took tickle me on the back of my neck. I began to carefully trace small swirls on his hands and arms, which prevented him from falling back asleep. After about 30 minutes I had to pry his arms off of me so I could get out of bed.
"Why are you leaving me!" Peter complained.
"I gotta go!" I playfully responded. He just sighed and told me to come back when I was finished.

When I came back to his room I noticed that he was watching the news. The channel featured Spider-Man (peter) and 'mysterious Matilda girl' (me) battling robbers in a bank. The main focus was on me and the wonders of who I could be. They showed another shot of peter carrying me as he swung through the city. Let's just hope they failed to follow us.

"You seem to be the star of the show in this one." Peter grinned.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"They're trying to figure you out I guess. Don't worry though, they'll catch on." I shrugged my shoulders and responded,
"Ok. I'm liking the name they gave me, 'mysterious Matilda girl', quite the catch."
"Please tell me you're being sarcastic." Peter turned his head towards me and raised his eyebrows.
"Yes, I am! Don't worry!" I laughed while climbing back into his bed. As we continued to watch the news and talk, our conversation was interrupted by peters ringtone. He looked down at his phone and sat up a little straighter.

"One second, I have to take this," peter assured me, "Hello, Mr. Stark?"
"So I was watching the news..." the voice on the other side of the phone mumbled. It was hard to make out what he was saying.
"... so do ... bring her ... to me ... great part of the team." Peter happily nodded his head as if the other person could see him.
"Yes sir, we'll be there in an hour." He then turned to me and smiled, "how would you like to work for Tony Stark?" I could not believe what he just said. Me? A superhero? A possible Avenger?
"Duh! That's like a dream come true!" I threw myself onto Peter and hugged him tight. "I can't wait to meet Tony!" I was flustered.

"You sure won't geek out as much as I did." Peter raised his eyebrows and blushed.
"We'll see about that" I narrowed my eyes and giggled. Peter just stared at me in awe.
"What?" I asked.
"Oh, nothing" He rubbed my hand and hopped out of bed.

We approached the tall, intimidating Stark tower. I could feel my anxiety grower stronger, and my breaths getting shorter. Peter quickly grabbed my hand once he noticed what was wrong,
"Its gonna be ok, if anything, it'll be a beneficial opportunity." Peter eased my senses and calmed me down.

We took a step inside when I heard a voice, "Hello Mr. Parker and guest. Mr. Stark will be waiting for you in his office."
"Thanks Friday." Peter responded.
"Who's that?" I asked, letting go of peters hand. I looked around but could not find anybody the voice belonged to.
"I'll explain it to you later." He promised. Just as we were about to step into Mr. Starks office,
"Hi Peter!" A preppy blonde girl with rosy cheeks and a yellow cardigan came running over. Her heels against the smooth, hard floor echoed throughout the building. She threw her arms around peter and squeezed him to death. "You look so cute today!" She squealed. Peter started blushing and replied,
"How are you, Caitlyn?"
"Oh I'm doing just great, now that you're here! By the way, I was thinking we could go o-" she stopped once she saw me.
"Well pardon me but who are you?" She asked.
"I'm Y/N." I smiled bitterly.
"Please forgive me for not introducing you too. Y/N, this is Caitlyn, Mr. Starks niece. Caitlyn, this is Y/N."

She aggressively shook my hand and looked me dead in the eye.
"Oh, you're his best friend. I've heard him mention you before. Isn't he just the cutest? I'm glad he has a friend like you!" I quickly corrected her,
"Girlfriend. We're dating." The color drained from her face, and the sweet little preppy girl suddenly looked as if she wanted to kill me.

"You didn't mention this either, peter. You said you weren't looking for a relationship last time I... asked... attempted to... I thought you weren't ready." She raised her eyebrows and tilted her head.
"We've only recently become official, Caitlyn. But I really do lov-" He was interrupted by Caitlyn,
"I have to go, Parker." She stormed off.
"Peter what was that about?" I asked.
"Oh it's nothing, lets head inside." He knocked on the door and slowly began to open it.
"Hello Parker! And you must be his new partner in crime?" Tony Stark said, standing up from his desk, referring to me.
"Hi, yes, I'm Y/N. Y/N L/N."