We've been Spotted

-Peter's POV-
"And it looks like it'll be a bit of a bumpy ride tonight, not too bad though. Just some cloudy skies is all." The tall flight attendant assured us. Y/N got very anxious on airplanes, so she wanted to know how bad it was going to be. I grabbed her soft hand and gingerly rubbed my thumb in circles on her palm,
"It's going to be ok. Millions of people fly planes, everyday. Plus, flying is actually safer than driving, believe it or not. And if anything happens, I'm right here." I leaned in close and kissed her cheek. She blushed and smiled at me, but I could still see nervous sweats on her forehead.
"Can you just... not let go of my hand?" She whispered. I slightly laughed,
"Of course. Do you want to listen to music while we take off?" She pressed her lips together and nodded. I reached down to grab her earphones and noticed her bouncing leg. I looked back up at Y/N biting her free hand's nails. I placed the earphones in her lap and rested my hand on her thigh,
"I promise, promise, promise, it'll be alright. When we take off, just close your eyes, count to one hundred, squeeze my hand, whatever you need to do. Just distract yourself." She took a deep breath and once again nodded.

When Y/N is nervous, she either gets super quiet, or super chatty. There's no in between.

The plane lined its self up on the runway, and we prepared for take off. I felt Y/N's grasp on my hand gradually get tighter. I made eye contact with her and smiled, but she had earphones in and wouldn't be able to hear anything I told her. The entire plane shook, and as the wheels lost contact with the land, you could feel your entire body experience a different sensation. I looked over and saw Y/N take deep breaths, in and out. I was genuinely worried and wanted her to feel safe.

When the harsh take off finally came to a stop, I watched as Y/N's eyes gently fluttered open. I could tell that she was out of breath from holding it for so long.
"Not so bad?" I asked her. She looked at me and slowly nodded, which wasn't her typical pace. It was usually a fast and nervous nod, not a tired one.
"It could've been worse." She continued to look down when she responded. I reached down underneath the seat in front of me and pulled out my laptop.
"Watch a movie with me?" I asked. She finally looked up and grinned.
"Star Wars?" I shrugged,
"What else would we pick?"

Halfway through the movie I felt a heavy weight on my right shoulder, I turned to see Y/N peacefully sleeping, leaning against me. I paused the movie and shut my laptop, then plugged my earphones into my phone.

I wrapped my arm around Y/N and listened to one of the random playlists she created for me. Y/N was always finding weird and unpopular music to get into, ever since we met, and it was usually pretty good. She had a wide variety of taste, so it was always something new.

Y/N was sunken into the corner of her bed, in a bundle of fuzzy blankets. The laptop screen lit up her face as she scrolled through YouTube, discovering new songs and unpopular artists. She adjusted the clunky headphones that sat on her head, although they were a bit too tight and gave her a headache. Just as Y/N attempted to rip off the cheap headphones, Peter barged into the twinkle-light lit room. He began to laugh at the fact that the headphones were caught in her hair, creating a birds nest as she continued to yank them out. Peter stumbled over to Y/N and helped her get them out of the tangles, he was successful. He jumped onto the bed and rolled onto his side, he adjusted his glasses before taking a closer look at the laptop screen. Peter picked a random playlist, and the turned out to be a bunch of indie singers with aesthetically pleasing outfits and ukuleles. Y/N watched as he squinted his eyes, scrolling through the confusing lyrics. Peter eventually found a different set of songs, this time it was a bunch of random rappers thrown into a mix, with no significant similarities. This went on for about an hour until they were called down for dinner by her impatient mother.

This playlist, however, was full of alternative rock bands. Most of the bands seemed to be stuck in their garage phase, barely making a profit off of this career.

After an hour or two I noticed something that wasn't quite right, a floating pack of peanuts. I looked down to see Y/N's nose bleeding. I didn't know she did this in her sleep! Maybe she didn't either... I quickly snatched the peanut package out of the air and set it down. But as soon as I did, it shot right back up. My next natural instinct was to grab my phone and record the whole thing, which is what I did, figuring Y/N would get a kick out of this. In the video, I kept swatting at the peanut pack, holding in laughter. Then in the middle of one of my whacks, the package went straight for my face, and landed in my lap.

That's right, I was attacked by a peanut package. I felt movement on my right and looked over at Y/N's sneaky smirk. I took the closest tissue/napkin I could find and wiped Y/N's nose with it, preventing any staining. She slowly looked up at me and grinned. Y/N took the peanuts out of my lap and started to open them, but I quickly shot a web and once again snatched it from her possession. She playfully pouted and crossed her arms, giving me puppy eyes and begging to have them back. Y/N knew I couldn't resist that adorable face, so I gave in and let her have some.

She turned to me and whispered,
"What time is it?" I checked my watch and responded lazily,
"2:45 am" She nodded and scanned everyone on the plane, I knew all the passengers were asleep though. I was proven wrong when her eyes grew wide and her bright expression faded. I turned around to see what all the fuss was about, and I saw a little kid, about 8 years old. His jaw had dropped and he was giddy with excitement.
"We've been spotted." Y/N whispered in my ear, tickling my lower neck with her warm breath. I looked down in defeat,
"Dammit- sorry- dang it." She chuckled after I corrected myself.

I seemed to be way more worried about the little boy than she was, what if he got something on camera?