A new suit

We all sat at Mr. Stark's desk and began to talk,

"So, Miss L/N, how long have you possessed these powers?" Tony asked.

"My whole life I suppose. I can't remember a time I didn't have them." I answered.
"Interesting... do you happen to know WHY you have these powers?"
"I'm not quite sure, but I have a theory."
"And that might be,"
"After doing a bit of research- well not A BIT, more like A LOT- I believe that my birth mother was on drugs when she was pregnant with me."
"So you live with a family that adopted you?"
"Yes sir" He nodded his head and looked down.

It seemed as if he was in denial of something. But Tony perked up and decided to change the subject.

"Well, I've already had my team design a suit for you. It will improve your performance and such." He pulled out a sliver case and opened it up. Inside was a black body suit, with burgundy lining and designs. It also contained my mask and wig.
"Omg, this is amazing! Thank you so much." I couldn't find words. It was perfect!

"Oh it's nothing, it could honestly use some touching up."
"Well I don't think I can thank you enough!" I took the suit while we discussed training and missions.

"By the way, you do know we're dating, right?" Peter mentioned.
"It is quite obvious, you too. No confirmation was needed there." Tony chuckled, "Anyway Y/N, would you like to meet for a dinner tomorrow? Just as a private meeting. I like to get to know who I'm working with."
"You didn't do this for me!" Peter commented, pretending to be offended.
"Don't worry Peter, I'll take you on a date someday," tony turned to me, "so what do you say?"
"Sounds like a plan!" I responded.

As we were leaving the building, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I'm glad that I have a whole bunch of new opportunities.

I decided to ask about the first thing on my mind,
"So, who's this Caitlyn character?" I asked. Peter chuckled at my jealousy and rolled his eyes at the thought of her name,
"She's Mr. Starks niece, and she is kind of annoying, but she means well."
"Why was she acting so weird around me?"
"She likes me. She's even asked me out before." I felt my heart rate getting faster with different feelings and emotions crossing my mind.
"What did you say?"
"I told her I wasn't ready for a relationship because I was too nice to tell her I was in love with my best friend. Not her." He turned to me and smirked.

We then joined hands and I felt a whole lot better. Peter leaned down and kissed my cheek.
"You're cute when you're jealous." He smirked. I raised an eyebrow and giggled.
"Oh really?"
"Yeah I might have to start talking to Caitlyn more" I punched his arm and protested,
"Hey!" Peter looked into my blue eyes,
"I'm just kidding Y/N."
"I know..." I leaned my head on his shoulder as we walked back to my place.

Walks with him we're always the same, leisurely and sweet. I usually kept my eyes on the ground, but today they couldn't be anywhere but him.
Peter was passionate with all of his nerdy lectures. He would create detailed hand gestures and make eye contact. His face would lighten up and he would begin to walk at a faster pace. Sometimes

I'd have to slow him down because he was speeding up not only physically, but verbally. He could make five words become one, it typically turned out hilarious. So even if I had no idea what he was talking about, I still enjoyed his nerdy lectures.

"Let me have a look at your new suit," Peter suggested. I handed him the case and he peeked inside. Peter furrowed his brows and frowned.
"What's wrong? Is it missing?" I panicked.
"No, it's here. It's just... it's got... I think it's on training wheels." I tilted my head and gave him a look of confusion.
"I'm sorry?" Peter closed the case and wrapped one arm around it,
"I had it on my suit. It's basically an easier, 'less cool', version of what your suit really is."
"Huh. That's kinda annoying." I pouted, "but I'm not too upset. When I'm ready, I'm ready."

I lied. Peter could tell,
"But we could get rid of the train-"
"Yes please! How do we do it? When?" I jumped up and down like a little kid, thankful he could read my mind. He laughed and put a hand on my shoulder to stop me from jumping,
"Don't worry, I'll get Ned to help you."

My heart still fluttered whenever he touched me, god I still acted like it was just a little crush no one knew about.