Chapter four: The Next Victim.

Sixteen year old Haylee Williams. Lives with her mother and younger sister Penny, her father died when she was two years of age.

Her mother worked full time at the local book store. Haylee was currently single and goes to high school, her best friends are Hillary Bayes and Jamie Summers.

Hillary's POV

I got a phone call late last night about Jamie's whereabouts. I didn't think much of it, silly old Jamie usally got lost when she went for midnights walks and only Jamie and I knew about that. It's was nine in the morning and I texted Haylee and Jamie to meet up today since it was the weekend.

I got a reply from Haylee but not Jamie and Haylee was worried since she got a phone call from Lucas last night as well. Haylee was coming around to mine at ten. I got myself decent and waited for her arrivial.

"Hillary!" I heard Haylee's worried voice at my front door. I opened the door and hugged her tight. "I fear Jamie is in trouble." Haylee blurted out.

"Me too, lets go over to hers." I said as I grabbed my bag and we walked over to Jamie's, five minutes away. When we arrived, we saw a bunch of cars parked outside. "This can't be good." I said to Haylee as I clung onto her arm and we walked over and let ourselves in.

Everyone rushed towards us and sighing in disappointed. "Sorry." Haylee said as she placed her head down.

"Don't be, come in girls" Jamie's mom said.

"Thanks." We both said and we sat in the living room with everyone else. Even Jamie's dad was here.

"What happened?" I asked as the room went silent.

"Jamie never came home last night, as you can see." Lucas pointed out and I stayed silent. I knew he was worried. We were are.

Hours past by and nothing had happened and everyone was stressed. Karen broke down crying while screaming at Kyle saying it was not okay. I blocked everyone out except Haylee and Sam.

Sam sat next to me and Haylee and as they had a small conversation while I think of the memories.

*Flashback*

I entered high school as a freshman. I knew no one since I moved here from California in the summer and I hated making new friends. I was really shy and quiet, I hated it. After my parents divorced, we moved away from my dad and I only saw him once or twice a year. I was an only child and I never got along with anybody.

Broken from my thoughts, I bumped into someone. "Sorry." I said as I put my head down and moved along down the halls and found my first class of the day.

I had Biology first and I sucked a biology. I walked in and found the first seat at back of the classroom while everyone piled in and talked amongst themselves. I got my books out and looked down until the teacher greeted us.

"Morning, class. I'm Ms Biggs and I am your biology teacher for the year," she began, "I'd like to start off with a welcome to high school as juniors and I hope you have an amazing year." She finished, writing some stuff on the black bored.

"Sorry I'm late." I heard a soft voice enter the classroom as the door opened slightly. "I got lost." A girl with bownish staight hair said.

The class let out a laugh as she entered the room even further. "Settle down, there is an empty seat at the back." Ms. Biggs said and the girl nodded and walked over to the back.

She decided to next to me. The teacher began the roll check. "Hi, I'm Jamie." She said with a perky high voice.

"Hi." I say, quietly.

"What's your name?" She asked but, I was interrupted

"Hillary?" Ms. Biggs called out.

"Here." I answered.

"Nice name." Jamie smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back but, I was not sure if I should be annoyed at this girl.

The teacher finished. "Um, at the back, what's your name?" Ms. Biggs looked at Jamie.

"Jamie Summers." She smiled.

"You're not on my list, have you got the right class?" She asked and Jamie got out her schedule.

"Oh, I should be in math." She said and the class let out another giggle and a chatted amongst themselves.

"Well, that was embarrassing." Jamie whispered so I could hear, I laughed silently and she left the room and the class went on.

*

I looked around at the cafeteria and saw an empty table by the trash can, I raced towards it and took my seat alone.

I ate my sandwich and read a book. "Hey, Hillary right?" A voice said.

I looked up to see Jamie smiling. "Yeah."

"May I sit?" Jamie asked.

"Sure." I shrugged

She sat down and ate her lunch. "I'm new to this area of town," she began, "and I have no friends." She laughed like it was no big deal.

I smiled. "Me too." I continued to read my book

"Looks like we have a few things in common." She laughed. I smiled, feeling a little awkward. "Wanna hang out after school?" She asked.

"No, sorry, I can't." I declined.

"Oh."

"Sorry." I whispered.

"I'm not taking no for an answer unless you have an amazing reason." She stopped and I looked up. "C'mon, we don't know anybody excpet from each other. I bet we can be great friends." She stopped and waited for my reply.

I smiled. "Why not?"

"Great, I have-" She paused and checked her schedule. "English next." She looked up. "Wanna meet outside near the parking lot?" I nodded in agreement.

It turned out, we were in the same English class and we sat together and laughed and we got to know each other. I finally met someone who acually wanted to be my friend and on the first day. "I have a seating arrangement" The teacher announced.

I was probably going to be put with someone I either think was annoying or a guy that was super attractive. "Jamie, you can stay there but Hillary sit over there." He pointed across the room. I rolled my eyes and said goodbye to Jamie and then I moved. He continued. "Haylee, sit next to Hillary. Sam move over there too." He told them.

Great, a girl who looked annoying and an attractive guy.

*

"This is Haylee." I introduced Haylee to Jamie and they shook hands. "Can she hang out with us?" I smiled at both of them.

"No need to ask, we can be great friends. I can see it." Jamie smiled, clinging onto me and Haylee and we walked along my street.

It also turned out that we all lived on the same street. Even better. Jamie was really perky and I liked that about her. I would never let these friends go because I had a feeling they would be very important to me later on.

And I was right.

*Flashback ends*

I never knew how important someone would be to me and I couldn't lose her. It was the same with everyone I knew. Jamie changed me to be a loud, outgoing girl and I loved her for that. I missed her already. A tear slipped down my eye at the memory and I quickly wiped it away. Haylee noticed and hugged me.

She whispered that everything would be okay. I laughed at the memory as I told Sam and Haylee. It was not like we knew Sam on the first day but he remembered it well. Haylee and I were so talkative and annoying to him for a while. Sam laughed that it took a few years for Jamie and him to hook up since they had been in the same English class all of their life in high school.

"What's so funny?" Lucas interrupted.

"Just laughing at how we met Jamie." I smiled but he frowned and my smile went away.

Not a good time to be laughing, Hillary.