Chapter twenty: Emotions.

Chapter twenty: Thoughts.

I heard the screams of another girl and I tried to block it out but it was too loud and overpowering. I then heard the struggling and the dragging of a body.

Silence.

"Please!" I heard begging and the voice sounded familiar, maybe it was a girl from my high school.

This was bad. Really bad.

"Don't hurt m-" The sentence was cut off and all I could hear was the sharp sound of a knife being plunged into her.

*

"Haylee!" I screamed as I shot up from the back of the car and everyone was staring at me.

"Are you okay?" Hillary asked me and it was hard for me to understand.

And I remembered what I saw.

"Haylee." I whispered.

"What?" Sam asked with everyone confused.

"She was there." I whispered again, it went silent for a while.

"What did you see?" Lucas asked, breaking the very long silence.

I decided to explain what I saw. "When I was with those people, trapped against my freedom. I kept hearing a girls scream coming from outside the room everyday and one voice was really familiar, I think it was Haylee's" I stopped and waited for a response.

"Shit." Jacob said as I slowly got out of the car and I saw we were still parked at the graveyard.

"I was there in the next room when Haylee was getting slaughtered," I said out loud as I felt everyone following me as I left the car, "show me to Haylees grave"

I followed everyone with Hillary linking my arm. As we approach the grave, I saw her name "Haylee Williams" and I saw a sunflower at the top as it was her favourite flower and I read the rest. "29th of June 1980 - 18th of October 2003. "Rest in peace our dear Haylee, sister, a daughter with a beautiful heart. You were taken too soon."

A tear slipped down my cheek and I kept rethinking. I was there the day she died and I couldn't do anything to stop it. "May I please be alone?" I asked the others.

"Okay, we will be by the car." Hillary said as she hugged me and she left with the others.

I knelt down and placed my hand to the top of her tombstone. "Haylee. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I left, I'm sorry that I couldn't help you, I'm sorry that you had a short life and I'm sorry that you got killed this way." I paused as I started to cry. "I wish you were here and I need you here with me. Please stay with me in spirit and look after me because I need it. We will always think of you. Thank you for being an amazing friend." I whispered because I was too sad to speak loud enough. "Gosh. I remember when we first met with Hillary and how we lived on the same street." I laughed a bit before I cried harder.

"Jamie?" I heard a unknown persons
voice. I turned around to see Haylee's mom and Penny, her younger sister. Penny had grown a lot.

"I'm so sorry." I cried into her arms. And I kept crying until there were no more tears left in me.

*

I talked to Haylee's mom and sister for a while and they were shocked but happy that I was alive and well. We arrived at the police station where detective Brennan and Trent worked. I arrived with only Sam and Hillary as Jacob was only twelve at the time and he didn't speak to them much.

We went inside and everyone was working on their desks, taking phone calls and talking amongst themselves. We approached their office and they were still partners after all these years.

"Hey, Mark." Lucas said to Detective Brennan.

"Hey, Lu-" He paused as he noticed me. "Who's this?" He had a confusing look on his face like he knew it me but he wasn't sure yet.

"This is my sister Jaime Summers." Lucas said proudly as he nudged me forward.

Detective Trent dropped his paper work and he looked just as shocked as anyone else. Mark's mouth was wide open and he quickly realised what was happening.

He began to hug me so tight. "I know I've never met you but I'm so happy you're alive." He let go of me and Detective Trent cane in for a hug as well as he was speechless.

"You can call me Chris." Detective Trent mentioned and I smiled.

"What happened?" Mark asker and I was getting sick of explaining the story but I didn't mind for the people who tried to help find me. I explained it and they were shocked by every detail that I told them.

"We never wanted to give up. After Haylee, we were determined to find you and we never gave up. There was no body so the case wasn't closed but our boss demanded it to be closed after a few years of your disappearance but we kept going no matter what and I was just reviewing your case last week and now your here. So we must reach the media." Mark said and it sounded like they worked hard. They sounded like they were disappointed when they found no trace of me.

I agreed and I was looking forward to living.

*

I was back at Lucas' place getting ready for the interview on live television in an hour as I was staying here for a while until I got back on my feet. Meaning getting a job and a place of my own but that could wait. I still had things to do.

Dad was on suicide watch and he should be out of the hospital in a week or so. Then again, I've been thinking of how I've wasted fifteen years of my life when I could be living the dream right about now. But God decided that I couldn't have that sort of life because it wasn't meant to be.

It was time to leave for the police station for the huge interview in front of reporters and the whole world because apparently I was the news worldwide. I was feeling special yet scared. I got in car with Lucas and we picked up Sam, Hillary and Jacob.

I went inside the police station and spoke to Mark and Chris as we headed out into the open. I saw pictures of me when I was sixteen years old, they were everywhere. The sun beamed into my eyes and I squinted as I heard people talking until they saw me.

I walked over to a microphone and I leaned on the stand as it all fell silence.

The microphone squeaker and I began my sentence before the reporters went wild. I cleared my way throat. "Hi. My name is Jamie Summers and I went missing fifteen years ago."