Chapter thirty three: Epilogue - Her Happy Ending.

*6 months later*

"Come back to us Jamie." Mary said.

"We need you Jamie." Lennie said.

I looked straight ahead of me and saw Lennie and Mary Small smirking in front of me in the small cottage at the forest. I was still tied to the same old wooden chair. I tried to break free but it was no use.

I heard the sound of the gun ready to be fired at someone. I was blinded by all the lights above me and I squinted as I could only see the gun.

"We love you, Jamie." They both said and as tears slipped down my face.

I screamed. "Leave me alone!" Their laughter echoed in my ears.

The door flung open and I saw Sam looking worried as they both turned around and without hesitation, I heard the sound of the gun.

"No!" I screamed as I Sam looked back at me with eyes of sorrow. He touched his chest and looked down. "Sam." I whispered as I was in a puddle of tears.

He mouthed, 'I'm sorry' and fell onto his knees and onto the ground and in front of my own eyes. He collapsed and within a few seconds, he stopped moving.

"What have you done?" I looked up to both of them as more tears flowed out of my eyes.

"Oh dear Jamie, we just saved you from heartbreak." Mary smiled, aiming the gun towards my head.

"Do it." I said, while sobbing. I had given up.

"It will be my pleasure." She smirked as she pulled the trigger.

*

I screamed as I sat up straight in my bed. I breathed heavily and I tried to calm myself down. Sam was suddenly hugging me and I was safe in his hold.

Tears streamed down my face. "It was just a dream." He whispered in my ear as he kissed my forehead.

Six months later and I was still having nightmares about what happened. "I nearly lost you." I sobbed.

"I'm not going anywhere." He said, hugging me tighter as we laid back down facing each other.

I closed my eyes and he played with my hair. "Are you sure about going today?" He asked me.

I nodded. "I have to." I whispered and I could feel him understanding

"I'm worried about you." He said with concern in his voice.

I sighed. "Don't be, I'm fine."

I left Sam after a few minutes to sleep as he fell asleep again and I headed into the bathroom to take a hot, steaming shower. After I got out of the hospital, I had to have therapy because of my nightmares that I had been having, the same ones every night. I kept myself up most of the night and Sam would stay up with me. He was the best thing that had ever happened to me. Two months after my nightmares, they only came a few nights a week and of course I still went to therapy and I took some depression pills and anxiety pills to help with that but, it never made me feel any better.

A month after that, Lennie went to prison and never got bail and Sam, Jacob, Mark, Chris and I had to stand up in court and talk about what happened so the jury could decide his fate. It then got delayed to another three months. Lennie was still in prison being watched completely by the guards.

I guess now I stopped taking the pills because they made me feel worse, and Sam tried to convince me to start taking them again but I knew they were not working and I think he knew that too. Now my nightmares come and go and I guess one day, they would disappear and this nightmare that I lived everyday would disappear too.