Chapter six: Phase three: Death.

Chapter six: Phase Three: Death.

Unknown's POV

I lifted her delicate body and carried her out bridal style. She slept in my arms, not knowing what was about to hit her. I went up the stairs away from the basement and I entered my small house of two bedrooms. I laid her on the couch in one of the bedrooms I strapped her legs together and her hands and then I taped her mouth.

"Perfect." I whispered to myself and I smirked at what I found. She looked so peaceful and innocent. I knew not get attached to my victims. I promised myself that I would do this because it was my hobby and I needed to feel sane but most importantly, I needed to to this for my sister.

I decide to move Jamie into a different room that looked the same as the other one. I lifted her body up from my bed and carried her down more steps and into a darker room, bigger enough for two people. I hooked her up to the chains once again and smiled as I left the room.

It was time for me to find my next victim.

Haylee's POV

I was walking in the street with Hillary, putting the flyers in letter boxes.

"Jace said he would help today." Hillary said happily.

"That's nice of him." I replied with a smile.

"Yeah, he was being really sweet to me last night." She chuckled.

"Awesome." I said bluntly.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

What a dumb question to ask. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that our best friend is missing and she could be in trouble or possibly dead and we are here talking about how sweet your boyfriend is!" I yelled as I stopped in my tracks and she stopped too, looking shocked.

"Well sorry, I am just trying to stay positive and happy. That's what Jamie would want." She defended herself.

"Ugh, maybe have a little emotion towards all of this." I said as I kept moving foward to the next house.

"Excuse me, little Miss depressed." She yelled and I was sure the whole neighbouhood could hear.

I spun around and glared at her for saying that. "Stop being such a bitch!" I yelled back and she was stunned by what I just called her. Who knew I was like that? Well, people could change. Things could change people.

She stapled a flyer onto a power pole and walked right towrads me and bumbed me to the ground as she walked off placing more flyers into peoples letter boxes. I got up and brushed the dust off my dress and watched her walk away.

*

It was past midnight and I decided to walk back home but, through the forest area as a short cut since I was too lazy to go the long way home. This long walk really cleared my head.

I had been getting millions of messages from my mom but, I ignored them as I was still angry. Angry at Hillary.

Broken from my thoughts, I heard an owl in the distance and I smiled as I looked up at the stars and the tree branches.

I found an empty seat and sat there to think, I qucikly texted my mom. I started the text, typing slowly "I'm fin-"

I dropped my phone on the ground by accident, I knelt to the ground to tried and search for it. "Got it." I said to myself. I stood up and brushed some dirt off my phone and tried and finish my text.

Out of know where, I was grabbed by my hands as a hand covered my mouth. I dropped my phone and tried to scream for help and in the process, I knew that the message had sent and then I blacked out.

*

Sam's POV

Hillary stormed inside looking like she was about to punch someone hard in the face. "God, I could really punch someone right now." She yelled as she stormed into the living room where Lucas and I were sitting.

It's was ten in the morning and nobody had slept in days. "Geez, you scared the shit out of me." Lucas jumped out of his seat.

My eyes were puffy and blurry, I was so tired and I needed Jamie back safe and sound. I slouched back on my seat and let Hillary go on about someone. Haylee, I was guessing.

"Ugh!" She groaned. "I can't believe a shy girl like Haylee could call me a bitch. I mean that is so unlike her and so mean. I mean I was only talking about Jace and something happy instead of thinking about Jamie and how she is missing and how I miss her. This is not fair, I wish Haylee was here right now so I could rage at her and slap her so hard that she would fall to the ground again and my hand would be all red from that hard slap or maybe she needs a punch. Yes, a punch would knock some sense into her. God she is so-" She was interrupted by the sound of Jamie's mom screaming.

Hillary finally stopped ranting on about Haylee and she rushed into the kitchen with Lucas and I. We saw the two officers from before and Karen crying into Kyle as the two officers continued to talk while her and her dad was trying to listen.

"What do you mean you're looking for a body now?" Jamie's dad yelled.

"It has been over seventy two hours since Jamie has been missing and by then we should be expecting a body. I'm sorry." Detective Brennan said.

"What's this?" Lucas said as I was yawning and rubbing the sleep out of my eye.

"Oh, sorry. We didn't see your kids there." Detective Trent said.

"We're not kids." Hillary snapped. "Tell us what the fuck is going on!" She screamed even more.

"Stop, Hillary!" I yelled back.

"Just tell us whats going on." Lucas cut in and the two detectives nodded but before they could speak, their radio crackles.

"We need all units to the river as soon as you get this message, I repeat. We need all units to the river as soon as you get this message. This is an emergency. Over."

It was all silent as we heard that message. "We are on our way." Detective Bennan said into the walkie talkie on his shoulder as they ran towards the door.

"What was that about?" Jamie's dad yelled.

"We will keep in touch." Detective Trent said as they raced to their car and left towards the river leaving us confused and worried. This could be it. They could find Jamie's body and it could all be over for her and for us.

*

We waited for hours before we heard the phone call that could possibly change our lives.

"Hello?" Karen answered the phone with her shaky hands and tears slipping down her face. "Oh my god!" Tears started to flow faster and we all stood up, waiting for her to hang up. "Okay, we will be there soon." Karen placed the phone down and turned to Kyle who walked towards her.

"What did they say?" He asked.

"They found an unknown body and they want us to identify it. Whether it's Jamie's or not." She sobbed as she broke down into tears.

This could be it. The end was near.

*

As we all arrived at the coroners house, we were all shaken and hoping that it was not Jamie's body but we wouldn't want it to be anybody's. We were greated by Detective Trent and Brennan and we were leaded into a private room. We then approached a door with a little window on it and I saw a white sheet over a naked body. We were all allowed in this small room and we saw a doctor smile sadly at us with the two detectives behind us.

"I'm so sorry for the loss you have had but I need you to idenity your daughter and your friend. Is this Jamie Summers?" The man said as he lifted the sheet to show a pale face and all of us were shocked.

Karen cried some more while Kyle held her tight, his eyes grew wider and wider as wI realised who the body was. Lucas placed his hands to his mouth in shock and I just stared at the closed eyes while Hillary screamed as a pinch of guilt hit her hard.

It was not Jamie, It was Haylee.