Chapter fourteen: New Love.

Love.

How can someone define love?

When you love someone you know you want to spend every day, hour, minute and second with then until you die. Love is a way of expressing everything you feel for that someone.

So, make it count.

*

"Yes." I blurted out.

It turned out, I did have feelings for him too and we were not crazy. We also didn't belong here.

He smiled and we hugged. He kissed me on the cheek. "Baby steps." He said and I nodded, smiling like an idiot.

Wow. I couldn't believe I was in an actual relationship with a guy I felt a real connection with. I was super excited. But did I even know how to love?

The loud bell rung and that told us that we must head inside because outside time was over. He took my hand and we stood up, waiting for the guards to approach us.

As they arrived, they escorted us back but Jack grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a real kiss. On the lips. And sparks flew, it was amazing. Like nothing I've ever felt before. "Sorry. I couldn't wait, I just had to kiss you." I smiled as he did.

I think this was what happened to me before I ended up here. And that someone I had been seeing must have been someone special to me. This was helping me remembering my old life.

And I was going to make it out of here.

*

It had been a few weeks now since Jack asked me out and it had been a good few weeks. I've been sleeping well. No more dreams. No more panic attacks and I was feeling fine. I've still be writing in my diary and seeing Ms. Tate. I was one hundred percent better and I could move into a normal room with room mates and Jack said he would be as well. I still felt like I had a lot to remember and Jack said he would help me with that.

I headed into the cafeteria and saw that Jack saved a seat for me, I grabbed some lunch and sat down. He kissed me on the cheek and we talked some more about our escape. "Hold up. I love you Jack but, I don't know anything about you. So tell me about your past." I smiled, looking up at him.

"Nah, let's not get into that." He said, eating his food.

"Come on, I hardly know anything about you apart from your name, interests and your disorder." I said, feeling like he didn't trust me enough.

"So what? We have only been going out a few weeks. Give me a break," he looked down at his food, "I didn't know girlfriends would be so pushy." He whispered but I could hear him perfectly.

So was this what it was like to be in a relationship with a guy? "Don't you trust me, Jack?" I asked quietly and he ignored me. "Ugh! You're a piece of work, you know? You could just tell me it's 'too painful' or whatever bullshit excuse you can come up with." I nearly yelled.

"Shut up, Jamie. No wonder you're in here with panic attacks and other crap. I'm not surprised you weren't in here with a mental disorder." He snapped.

And those words broke me. I tried to get up but I felt lightheaded, the world started spinning and I went deep into my mind.

Someone was laughing with me. Two girls, they looked familiar. I then saw a nice house with a family. Two boys and their parents and then I saw me. I was in that picture.

What was happening?

I then hit the ground and it all went black. I heard Jack calling for help while I could feel that others were surrounding me and after that, I felt nothing.

*

"Jamie?" I heard someone's voice in my mind and I was back to reality.

"Hm?" I asked, feeling like I couldn't speak.

I opened my eyes and I saw I was in a hospital room with a needle into my arm with a beeping machine loudly. I saw Jack sitting at the foot of my bed.

"I'm sorry," he started, "I should never of said that, it's all my fault."

I was struggling to find the right words. "It's not, I should never of asked you." I said, playing with my nails.

"It's okay, it was stupid. I should tell you stuff. You're my girlfriend. Right?" He asked.

"Of course" I replied.

He smiled with relief. "Okay, I'm going to tell you some stuff now about my life because you only know my name, interests and disorder."

"No, don't. You don't have to. Let's just leave it, eh?" I said.

"No, Jamie. I have to tell you." I nodded at that. "Well, it all started when I was ten years old. My mom had gotten into drinking and drugs while my dad was at work travelling but it turns out he was seeing a twenty year old behind our backs. Me and my younger brother Sam, who was five at the time, used to get beat up by my mom because she was too wasted to control herself." He paused and took a deep breathe. "One day after Sam's birthday, mom forced us in the car to take us to school but she was too high. She drove for five minutes before she blacked out." He paused again and came closer to me and held my hand. "She fell asleep on the wheel Jamie. She drove off the road and hit a tree and Sam went striaght threw the window shield because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and he died on the scene." A tear slipped down his face.

"Jack, I'm so sorry." I said, holding his hand tighter.

"After that, mom went into a rehab centre and I went into foster care but dad never returned to get me and then things turned around. In a bad way. Before I got my anxiety disorder, I got into drugs and drinking and then I ended up in here and found you," he smiled, "and now I'm here sitting on this bed with a beautiful girl."

I blushed at his last comment. "I'm so sorry." I whispered as I looked down.

Jack placed the strand of hair dangling from my hair behind my ear and he kissed me on the lips. "Lets get out of here." I said as he let me go.

But one thing was constantly on my mind. Who were those girls in my vision and who was the family that I was in? And the name Sam.

It sounded familiar.