Chapter sixteen: Freedom.

I suddenly heard the alarm as we ran down the empty road at night not knowing what was coming next. That was surprisingly easy, thanks to Jack. I owed him everything. After a few long minutes of running, we found ourselves at a lake and we took a break.

"Thank you, I owe you a lot." I smiled, puffing because I was so tired.

"All you can do is be my girlfriend." He smiled.

"Great. But we gotta go." I said and we hurried even more down the road as the police cars surrounded the place and it was in lock down.

Our lives had just begun.

*

We found ourselves on the corner of a little street. It looked like a village by the square concrete tiles and the mini cottages all lined up perfectly. It was becoming daylight again. We had be running all night, non stop and I didn't think anyone would find us here.

I looked at Jack and he smiled. He took my hand and we walked slowly into the village, hoping no one would recognise us.

"May I help you?" A young women asked. She was petit with brownish hair and blue eyes.

"Um, yes. Do you have a place for us to stay?" Jack asked politely.

"Oh, yes. We have a motel, I actually own it so I'll book you in." She smiled and led us to a mini house with rooms upstairs.

"How much?" I asked.

"Ten dollars a night."

"Not too expensive." I whispered to Jack.

"We'll take it." Jack immediately said.

We were led up to the rooms up above us. We entered the room and as she left, we both thanked her.I collapsed onto the bed, feeling very tired and Jack soon followed. He turned to my side and placed his hand on my stomach and I touched it with mine.

"Thank you." I whispered and he chuckled. "Is there anyway I can make it up to you?" I smirked, hoping he was thinking the same thing I was.

"I can think of a few things." He gave me a big smirk.

We had a bed and two people, I think everyone would know what we were planning on doing and this was my first time, I think. I turned to face him and we were face to face. He first placed a strand of hair behind my ear and he brung me in for a gentle kiss. I let out a small moan and it then got tense. It felt amazing and I was feeling all sorts of emotions. We made out for a few moments and then it got physical.

This was starting to be an exciting life.

*

I laid on my back, staring up at the ceiling while Jack breathed heavily with his eyes sealed shut. But other than that, last night was truly amazing for both of us. I felt things I never felt before and I was happy I found him.

"Hey." I heard his sleepy voice said, he sounded so sexy.

"Hey." I said, trying to hold in a laugh.

"What's so funny?" He snuggled into me.

"Oh, nothing" I smiled, feeling clever. I didn't know why but I thought waking up with him would have been awkward because of the amazing things that happened last night. But since he was so amazing himself, it was not awkward.

It was nice and I liked that.

"We should get moving again. I say we head to New York." Jack said and I agreed.

We got ready to leave and we went hand in hand, we paid the receptionist and we headed off. We were planning on taking buses and trains to get there and stopping to eat. We kept moving from Texas to Okalhoma to Louisina and hopefully to New York soon in a few days but it was going to take ages before we reached there.

It was going to be a long few days or even weeks. New York just seemed like the right place, it sounded familiar from my old life and Jack used to live there as a kid before it got bad.

*

It had been a long and tiring few days as we were on our last bus to New York, I seriously wanted to reconise this place and the people to get my old life back and hopefully they would recognise me too.

I sat there, staring out the window picturing the people in my dreams, it was currently night where we were and all I saw were cars and streetlights along this highway. I suddenly fell into a deep sleep with Jack by my side.

I heard laughing. Children's laughter. Why was I in the middle of a very familiar street? The street went along way down and I saw a little boy sitting on the curve by a familiar house. I heard more laughter and I quickly turned around to see me. And two other girls talking and laughing then they all went into different houses and then there was just me.

I saw the boy and I started talking to him. Who was he? Why was I here? I entered the pavement and saw this boy waiting outside for me.

"What are you doing?" I said.

"Waiting for you, I don't want you to go missing." He said as I put my arm around him and we headed inside the house.

Was this a flashback? What the heck was going on? I knew this boy and I knew those girls.

Was I remembering?

*

"Jamie?" Jack suddenly woke me up. I shot up from my seat and Jack looked worried. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, fine." I said slowly, thinking about that dream. I saw that we had reached New York as I saw The Statue of Liberty. "Let's go." I said, forgetting about it. He followed me as we headed off the bus.

But what I didn't know was what was going to happen to me for the years that I had my freedom.