Untitled Part 4

"Edd?!" Kevin caught him from falling on the ground and hurting himself. He tried to wake him up but the dork was out. "Shit..."

"What did you do, Kevin?!" Nazz screeched from the doorway.

"Dude! Nothing!"

"Right, cuz Double D just randomly passes out!"

"He asked me if I found him attractive and I kissed him. I fail to see how this is my fault!" Kevin pouted.

"Oh my god, Kevin! Seriously?! Why would you do that?!" Nazz groaned

"Cuz I thought it would be sweet and a bit romantic!"

Nazz rolled her eyes "Just get him to the nurses office... I'll gather you guys' stuff and meet you there" she chuckled lightly.

"Thanks Nazz" Kevin chuckled. Holding Edd bridal style was easy, he fit so well against Kevin and he loved it. With Edd's face resting on his shoulder, his light breath on his neck, he entered the nurse's office and handed him over, stating he just passed out when they were eating lunch.

"This is the last number we have on record for his parents but it doesn't seem to be in service anymore. Would you happen to know how to get in contact with them?" The nurse looks up from her sheet and gives Kevin a concerned look.

"No, they're hardly around as is. Can you call my Mom? I can take him home and make sure he's okay and stuff?"

"It's against school policy to allow anyone but emergency contacts to make decisions as to the well-being of a student. He'll have to remain here until he wakes up or we get in touch with his parents."

"Well, you'll be waiting forever for his parents." Kevin rubbed the pale hand under his own tanned one. He wasn't leaving until he felt Edd was awake enough and if he needed anything, it would be available to him.

"You need to get back to class. He'll be alright here. He should be awake in no time" the nurse says passive aggressively.

"I'd rather wait. Thanks" Kevin snipped shortly.

The nurse sees that Kevin won't budge and decides to just let him do whatever the hell he wanted to. They weren't paying her enough to argue with a hardheaded teenager. "Fine. If you're going to stay, you must remain in here. No wandering the halls or doing anything mischievous" she says sternly before walking away. A few quiet minutes pass before Edd stirs in his sleep. "Kevin...?"

"Hey, ya gave me a scare... Ya need anything?"

Edd's head rolls towards the sound of the familiar voice. "Kevin? N-no, I'm fine" he groggily sits up and holds his head in his hand.

"Take it easy, Edd. The nurse couldn't get ahold of your parents, I don't know if she would still need to or anything. You know how this shitty nurse is..." Kevin growled out.

"Language Kevin..." Edd gently chides. "They...have a new number" he says sadly.

Sensing something isn't right, Kevin tries to calm the boy. "It's probably okay now. Since you're awake and all. I can take you home if you want. There's only one more class period left but you need to rest."

Edd frowns at the thought of his perfect attendance being ruined but decides to go ahead and skip his last period so that he can go home and think things over. He gives a slight nod and steadied himself on the bed before trying to climb down. "I think I can walk home just fine. You should go ahead and go to Calculus, you shouldn't miss a day in there."

"You sure? I want to make sure you're ok... And Nazz will have my head on a steak if I don't and something else happens to you. I can always give you a ride back home."